Need help....

Hi All,
Does anyone have time to help me kick start my weather website?
I am not sure where to start anymore. I used to have a website some 10 years back…so hope my memory will serve me when we start the process…
facetime/skype, phone…anything will work for me.
please DM me if you are willing and have time.
thanks,
P

I do have some youtube vidoes on different setups in WD
(see the link to those on the main WD web site)
you need to know your FTP settings and then set those in WD in control panel, ftp/internet setup, connections setup
then use the customise internet and file creation setup to set the times to create and times to send the needed files to your web site
there is a test send…and then check the ftplogfull.txt file

Thanks
I think that part is set…I am in a need to get the website template going…and setting it up.
I also sent you a separate email…
Paolo

you can get WD to parse out custom tags in a template file
eg
testtags.txt
and then it creates e.g
testtags.php
e.g using the special file conversion (file #29) in the customise internet and file creation setup
and you can set the remote file name to use (e.g index.html)
make sure the override switch is on and then main internet switch is on and then switches on for the file create and file upload and times set too for both of those

Why not start out with the saratoga-weather template? Many users on here have experience with it, it works well with WD, is well documented, and the author is a member of this forum.

We have a sub-forum for template website discussion Custom Templates and Scripts - Weather-Watch Forum

That is the plan…but I need to start with a complete setup from directories to ftp etc…and that is where I am looking for help.

Have you looked at the “Download and Install Instructions” under the Templates menu on the site I linked?

I have but still not sure what to do…I am not a windows guy…so on top of everything trying to learn how that works

sounds like you are trying to setup server on your home machine. is that correct?

OK…so I got the website up. Basic set up…
WXSIM is coming mid next week.

www.cedarridgewx.com

Questions:

1. seems I am missing the icons…but they are on the server. not sure what is happening there? did I miss a link to a directory?
  2. How do I get the website to update constantly rather than pause after every update?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
P

Great start :smiley:

The images should be in http://www.cedarridgewx.com/forecast/images/ but I’m not finding them there so I suggest you try uploading them again.

It pauses after a number of updates defined in this file http://www.cedarridgewx.com/ajaxWDwx.js

You can set it to unlimited updates by editing this section of the file:

var maxupdates = 12;	         // Maxium Number of updates allowed (set to zero for unlimited)
                             // maxupdates * reloadTime / 1000 = number of seconds to update

Thank Niko.
I managed to change to unlimited…
Its now update devery 30 sec, and then every 20 sec, then 30, 20…etc…
How do I set it to update every 10 sec constantly?

On the images…they are in that folder. I see them on the FTP

I just re-uploaded them all to forecast/images folder…
The interesting part is that there are two images that do appear on the site…but the rest dont…

Do you have all 3 icon sets (bottom of this page https://saratoga-weather.org/scripts-carterlake.php#advforecast ) ?

you mean bottom 3 scripts?

Let’s back up a bit. How many images do you have in the /images folder ?

509 images

I think you are missing

Download: Icon Set (V2 for NWS 55x55 icons) (upload to your website in the /forecast/images directory)

from the page I linked above

wooohooo! Thanks Niko. Images are there now.

Last question for tonight. How do I get time to show USA format?