Official Daily Record Highs and Lows as reported by NWS

I know WD has a place to set an area to pull Daily Temperature Record Highs/Lows for the area as made official by NOAA/NWS but for the life of me I cannot locate it.

I ask as all of the sudden my Daily Record Highs/Lows (currently) are almost maxed every day reporting new Record High for the date. A user notified me the reported Official Record high/low has not changed/updated in over a month.

Two questions:

1. Where do I check that the daily official records are pulled properly in WD?
  2. Is this a feature that used to be in the WeatherUnderground Almanac that those jerk offs at Weather.com removed?

Is this info available from a more reliable FREE source?

I have run into the same problem. I believe it used to be pulled from WU.
I believe the info is no longer available from WU

See http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=37154.0 for a discussion just started.

Thanks… heading over there now.

WD was getting the record /normal hi lo for a selected WU station
but that data is not available now with the new WU API
but I see that the beteljuice on wxforum has got that working for US stations via NOAA data
what is the source of that (i.e url for a selected station)
as I could get WD to get that data

worked it out from the script
i.e
https://w2.weather.gov/climate/getclimate.php?pil=CLI&recent=yes&wfo=oax&sid=LNK

I have added this ability to the latest .zip update (see under view, WU almanac, new tab, NOAA …and set the station name and tick enable…it will update the custom tags again daily)
for USA only

I must be doing something wrong.
I tried to add station name as CON , gyx , gyx&sid=CON
and I get the same records 102/49 all the time.
Do I need to add the script files anyplace?
Do I need to modify the advanced dashboard according to patch.html from betel’s instructions that is in his bethel_noaa script or do I leave it alone?

Link for my area
https://w2.weather.gov/climate/getclimate.php?pil=CLI&recent=yes&wfo=gyx&sid=CON

Thanks for any help
Windgust (K1DED Amateur Radio)

if you use the new function I added to WD then no need to change any scripts

I am using the new function, But the values are not correct when I use the test button.
See attached for test and normals
Not sure what I have done wrong.

Windgust

test.JPG

normals.JPG

How do I find the station name please?

As best I can figure out:

Go to Climate

Click on your location, on the next page choose a station (not a lot of choice for WA I think), hit the GO button. I chose Olympia. On the report header

CDUS46 KSEW 230829
CLIOLM

In this case the wfo (forecast office?) is “sew”, and the sid (station ID) is “olm”

yes, what you have entered as station name is not correct windgust
I had a default one entered (oax)
and so it needs to be like that format
as Niko has pointed out

I’ve looked at it some more Brian and I don’t see how this can work as it is :? As I read the original script you need to select both the office (wfo) and station ID (sid), but the WD page only has the one value pre-populated as “oax” which is the Omaha Valley Nebraska forecast office ID (wfo) . The data shown on the WD page appears to be for Lincoln, sid LNK, so I’m guessing that’s hard coded somewhere.

ah
your right
I need to make it where you can set the other parameter needed
will do that

Looks good here…getting data now anyways…

Works perfect for me also.
Thanks Brian…
Cold beer for you

That’s good news :smiley: I didn’t realize the updated zip was there to be tested…

see, you can teach and old dog new tricks 8O

Maybe this was intended but WD is getting the record hi/lo values for tomorrow–not today’s records. Today’s records are further up the page.

todays_rec.png

Tomorrows_rec.png