WH3081 Weather Station

I have had a WH3081 weather station working fine for a number of years after a La Crosse gave up. I recent weeks I have had problems with data from Base Station via USB to Weather Display Software. I am running Win 10 on an oldish dedicated PC. As anomalies started happening I noticed glitch data, the maximum Temperature reading window goes to say 19.5c, while actual temperature is say 8.6c, (yep it is a decent cold snap here in Victoria). Now data to WD stops. The WH3081 base station is still receiving data correctly from the instruments in the garden. I have read the recommended power options for Win 10 and done all including the USB setup option to disabled. I then decided to do a new install on a laptop and connect under evaluation mode, still the same problems

I pull all power from the inside base station and disconnect USB cable. I then power up and wait untill all outside data is received. I then connect USB and execute Weather Display Software. All comes up with correct detail on WD from base station. Then I received a glitch data, then after that the readings freeze.

I then decided to go back to first PC with registered software, made sure the the USB thing was disabled. All seemed oK for a while then again the max temp jumped to high reading. All other readings were correct on WD screen from WH3081 display. Then a regular send of data stops. I have even set WH3081 to factory defaults. I know the WH3081 is a cheap Weather Station but as a pensioner budget is tight, any resolves or am I correct in my thinking my hardware is at fault. Do you have any suggestions for a decent Weather Station that can be bought in Australia, say, around $300.

All WH stations are shit.
I wonder manufacturers are not ashamed to sell such scrap.
If you want a good station at least Davis Vue or Pro-2.

which version/build of WD?
and do you have ticked that its a WH3081 type station in WD?
also you could try a complete power down/reset of the console

Hi Thanks for the replies so far. Yes I would get a Davis if I could afford one. I have the latest version of WD installed that Brian has posted. I have ticked the right box in Weather Station configuration. The WH3081 may be sh*t but it has worked perfectly for the past five years and with WD I have been uploading data to Wunderground and UK Met Office WOW with no problems. Cheers.

Have you tried a complete power down/ reset?

Hi, yes I have tried a complete power down and factory reset. I have been away for a few days and the WH3081 has not been connected to computer. It appears the Base Station is receiving data from external devices but it is not recoding any history. I am looking at a new weather station. I’m a retired pensioner and budget is tight and found this one. WS1081 Ver2 TESA Solar Powered Touch Panel Weather Center with PC interface. My budget is up to AU$300.00, this one is AU$251.80. I cannot afford $1000+ or should I say “She Who Must Be Obeyed” has made this ruling. Any advice will be appreciated as I want to continue weather monitoring. Cheers

there are a lot of re branded weather stations
do you have a link to that station?
you could look at getting a weather flow station?

https://shop.lacrossetechnology.com.au/shop/Professional+Complete+Weather+Stations/WS1081+Ver2+TESA+Solar+Powered+Touch+Panel+Weather+Center+with+PC+interface/x_sku/WS1081v2.html

This is link to the station in question. Cheers.

that is the WH1080/1081 type station
i,e the same as the WH3081 but no solar

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your continued support over the years. I had a look at Weather Flow but for our region it is not available at this time. I have found this Weather Station within my budget is this compatible with WD?

https://www.instrumentchoice.com.au/instrument-choice/weather-stations/home-weather-stations/100-300-weather-stations/wireless-pro-weather-station-with-usb-upload-ic-wmr89

Cheers

Hi
that looks like the OS WMR89
and yes that is supported