Saratoga 'Navigation' Menu Width

I made a change to the left hand ‘Navigation’ menu where I made it wider.

It’s now too wide and I can’t remember what file I changed. I’m old and forgetful.

Anybody know the file name?

Thanks

I use a pop open navigation I found online somewhere . Only wish the navigation link would stay at the top of the visable page instead of scrolling off with the top of the page.

Have you managed to find the file you changed - I just looked at your site and the left side navigation menu is quite acceptable (ie: narrow).

I didn’t find the lost code, unfortunately. I just changed the verbiage so it didn’t push past the right edge of the menu.

The text for the left side navigation menu is found in the ‘menubar.php’ script. The positioning information (meaning the appearance) for the left side navigation menu is found in the ‘weather-screen.css’ cascading style sheet (under the ‘.leftSideBar’ class).

I found all that & I appreciate it. There’s, I believe, another setting somewhere that controls the width of the dark grey bar that the menu words are on.

I wish I could help you more but, I have not been using the Saratoga-Weather templates for some years and they are completely outdated and display nothing but PHP errors…

I appreciate it. I think I’ll leave well enough alone for now.

No errata with the current versions… maybe an update would have solved that issue.

Changing the width of the navigation bar/flyout-menu is a bit tricky. The dynamic CSS generated by flyout-menu.php and the weather-screen--.css both have to be changed/tweaked to achieve what you want.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Like I said - better left alone!

Ken, I was not criticizing the Saratoga-Weather templates nor the many hours that you have spent keeping the templates up-to-date… :?

I was just stating that I have not updated the Saratoga-Weather templates for the past years as I do not use them anymore - thus, the Saratoga-Weather templates still installed on my computer are quite old and have not been updated (and do not need to be updated) because they are not being used. :wink:

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. Not using the template set is perfectly fine. The way your statement was worded made me hone in on the ‘outdated and display nothing but PHP errors’ part and to ready my bug-fixers hat.

Come on Ken, I would never say/write anything like that in a public forum … I would rather send you a private message… :hathat17:

And if I was still using the Saratoga-Weather templates, I would have corrected all those PHP errors … and I would have sent you a private message… :flower: