WD Version 305

Hi Brian just to let you know the the rain from cronweatherflow is not being loaded into WD I know that we had this same problem before. also WD does not restart in the morning.I have tried it on two machines running Debian Stretch and I have just installed Mint 19.1 as a comparison but wont know until tomorrow morning weather it restarts on Mint
Dont know what happened, it was working perfectly on version 303
John

we have rain expected here coming does
so I can test a bit
but
its not clear how you have cronweatherflow set
is getting udp data or?
also what do you mean by not restart in the morning?

the more detailed information you can provide the better

cronweatherflow is set to use UDP only all other readings are fine except rain. We had this same problem in version 295 and you fixed it with an update
WD is set to restart at app 03:10 each morning…its not doing so, it stops OK but then doesnt restart, tried on Debian 9 and Mint 19.1
Is there any way that you may have a copy of version 303 weatherdisplay program file that I might be able to download and go back to a working version? (save you some broblems)

how do you mean save me some problems?
its better that I check/test/fix the current version surely

its not very clear how you have set to do the restart
the more information you can provide the better

I haven’t set the restart it has always restarted at that time with “wstartdelay”, I thought it was built into the program of which I cannot change

wdstartdelay is not intended or does a restart WD at 3:10am
its just to delay the start after boot up of your pc
its not clear what you have set to be doing at 3:10am?

regarding the rain
if you could email me the files

weatherflow.txt,weatherflow2.txt,weatherflow3.txt
from the webfiles folder

email sent.
with regards to WD starting every morning

"Offline brianf7408

OS/Browser:
Win NT 10.0
Chrome 58.0.3029.110
    View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline) 

WD Restarting

the code is still there to have WD restart at that time via the wdstartdelay program
i have not removed or changed that
you could try running wdstartdelay from a terminal window and see if that starts up WD
as a test

Hi tried that and got this “Runtime error 217 at 00000000008410CF”

OK somehow I seem to have got hat sorted and wdstartdelay seems to be working OK, just need some rain now and see what happens :slight_smile:

bumped the Sky today and recorded .5 mm on WF but nothing on WD will take Sky down tomorrow and test inside :?

I went to test with my sky unit (which is at another house) but the rain stopped as soon as I got there
I can add debug code to see what is happening

just tested now I brought Sky inside and tapped it a few times

{“serial_number”:“SK-00006050”,“type”:“obs_sky”,“hub_sn”:“HB-00003183”,“obs”:[[1559438020,12,0.00,0.329691,0.00,0.00,0.00,0,3.55,1,0,null,1,15]],“firmware_revision”:43}

This is what showed in weatherflow.txt 3 but nothing in WD

what I will do is change the value in the data file manually and see what is up

OK, I have finally figured out the problem
will get a fix uploaded and let you know

Thanks

new update ready to download :wink:

actually it was not ready to download
but is now

thanks I did download it last night but thought there might be something wrong as the date on the download version had not changed and still has not is that OK?

refresh and clear cache as it should have change to reflect,
Weather Display For Linux 64 bit Desktop (e.g Ubuntu) v 10.37Linux Build 305
(make sure to read the readme.txt).
Version on 2 June 2019 - 07:22:32