WD weatherlink ip stops

Hi,
Since a couple of month WD would stop upadting every 2-3 days. Now it is every day…

What happens is that the weatherlinkip stops sending data, or WD stops accepting it.?
An exit and restart of WD fixes the problem but it comes back a few hours later.

What should I do or replace? the console, the weatherlink IP?

Also to say the “program event log” does NOT produce any report…

All suggestions welcome…

Thanks, regards.

-= Guy =-

Weather-Display (10.37S-(b53)) has been working ok for years…

Hi
try a console power removal for 1-5 minutes, you could also check the network cables that connect to the console and the pc, the connection on the plugs may need a clean try unplugging and plugging in a few times (the connections can become tarnished over time)
also try updating WD to latest build which is currently build 96

do you happen to have the IP data logger set to send data to weatherlink.com ?
if so then do you happen to have WD set to release the port every minute?
(both those can cause problems if the time on the pc does not match the time on the weather station console)

No Brian, nothing sent to these guys. Only WUnderground is receiving my data.

Thanks. Regards. -= Guy =-

Does anything show under view, debug info?

Yes Brain,

Things like this:

VP reception #1 30812 #2 2732 = 92 VP reception #1 30835 #2 2732 = 92 VP reception #1 30835 #2 2732 = 92 VP reception #1 30835 #2 2732 = 92 VP reception #1 30835 #2 2732 = 92 VP reception #1 30927 #2 2734 = 92 Normal daily resetting wind/temperature daily value , day: 20 Normal daily resetting rain daily value , day: 20 rain today 6.7 mm VP reception #1 30927 #2 2734 = 92 VP reception #1 21 #2 3 = 88 VP reception #1 43 #2 4 = 91 VP reception #1 65 #2 6 = 92 VP reception #1 87 #2 7 = 93 VP reception #1 109 #2 9 = 92 VP reception #1 131 #2 10 = 93 VP reception #1 154 #2 10 = 94

Are you sure you have WD seto use a Davis IP
Data logger in the comport setup?. Post a screen
Shot of that setup

Hi Brian,

Here are the requested picts.

Regards. -= Guy =-

WeatherLink soft is not used…

that is an unusual port number

what shows under view, program event log?

Not sure it will make a different but “I have Solar” and “I have Solar + UV” are both selected.

Hi,
To make Niko happy, I unclicked the “I have solar” checkbox. :wink:

That "unusual " port has been working for over 10 years… :smiley:

To make Brian unhappy, as said previously, " program event log" displays a beautiful white wall, meaning… nothing… :frowning:

Regards.

-= Guy =-

you should see something about connecting to TCP/IP and then connected
normally the port is 22222

one issue that can happen is that the IP data logger can stop sending data if the power supply to the davis console is not good enough

Thanks Brian,
Regarding port #s the 22222 one is already taken by my previous sof. VWD. I can switch that.

I will try and do so, but for now as I am 8,000 miles away from my devices, I will take care of
that when I return in 3 weeks.

I will also have a look at the power suplly used for the WD console.

Will be back with you in 3 weeks. Meantime I will access remotely my WD PC at each time it freezes.
Has been working for 48 hours up to now. :slight_smile:

Will let you know what comes up.

Anyway, is it normal that the Program event log remains blank?

Thanks guys,

Kind regards.

-= Guy =-

its good the program event log remains blank
if something else is using the port it normally uses then that makes sense (you had not provided that info originally)

Thanks Brian,

As said, I will take care of all that when back in EU. I will then report whatever I find.

Thanks again. Regards.

-= Guy =-