Change Country flag **Solved**

Hi all

In WD34 how do I change the country flag which appears of the foot of my home page and as shown in the attachment? I would the Australian flag to be shown there not the UK flag. I can’t see an option on the setup page to change it.

best wishes

griffo42

In the img/flags/ folder, copy or rename the aus.svg as xx.svg
In easyweather select “your country” and the xx.flag will be used

Wim

my program only offers the options of
english
dutch
french
german
there is no option to select “your country”

You need to be using the latest (April) release of the template.

1 Like

Hi Wim

Thanks for the info re change of flag in wd34. Worked perfectly.

griffo42

“You need to be using the latest (April) release of the template.”

that was the problem.
thanks

I have just updated to the latest release and don’t find “your country” in easyweather. Is there are updated way of doing this, please

Thanks

Keith
Brisbane, Australia

The current release shows the country flag based on the “locale” you selected.
You selected “en-au” for “English (Australia)” which uses the flag “img/flags/aus.svg”

Wim

Hi Wim

Thanks for your reply. That works!

keith

I have just installed pwsWD and find the flag at the foot of the page is showing the UK Union Jack flag desite my following the advice in this post re changing to the Australian flag. Is there a change to that advice for pwsWD?

Keith

Hi Keith,

Check here also https://pwsdashboard.com/documentation2012/26_languages.pdf

As there are far more languages to support only a selection of languages is used.
Also the same language used in different countries often uses different words for the same item.
That is why there are often multiple lines for the same language if the setup files.
Also one does not want to maintain laguages which are normally not used by vistirors to your website.

You can adapt the languages to use in . . /pwsWD/_my_settings/languages.txt
Not used languages are set to comment by a # on the first position.
Below are the lines for the different “English” languages

#  $scrpt_vrsn_dt  = 'languages.txt|01|2020-12-16';  # release 2012_lts
#
#  key  | flag   |locale  |language file   |description setup/menu |countryFlag|wu locale |
en-uk   |uk.svg  |en-gb   |lang_en.txt     |English (United Kingdom)|          |en-GB|
#en-au   |aus.svg |en-au   |lang_en.txt     |English (Australia)    |	       |en-GB|
#en-ca   |us.svg  |en-ca   |lang_en.txt     |English (Canada)       |can.svg    |en-US|
#en-ie   |ire.svg |en-ie   |lang_en.txt     |English (Ireland)      | 	       |en-GB|
#en-nz   |nz.svg  |en-nz   |lang_en.txt     |English (New Zealand)  | 	       |en-GB|
#en-us   |us.svg  |en      |lang_en.txt     |English (United States)|  	       |en-US|

Remove the comment mark on the “en-au” line
Add a comment mark before “en-uk”
And change in easyweather to the correct language
= > Tab “Data” - > Question “Choose the default language to display and use.”

If you want to adapt or remove errors from the default “english” file
=> rename ". . /pwsWD/languages/lang_en.txt to f.i. lang_enAU.txt
=> adapth the line in languages.txt

en-au   |aus.svg |en-au   |lang_enAU.txt     |English (Australia)    |	       |en-GB|

Succes,
Wim

Thank you ever so much for your prompt reply. Fixed.

Keith