Missing or old GFS or READY data

I had this error a few days ago and it disappeared in subsequent forecasts. It popped up again for my 1800 forecast and will probably not occur again for a while…

GFS data from Bohler seemed okay…gfsdat0dt=2019-05-18-12.txt

EDIT: Same problem on my 1800 forecast. Error message appears as soon as WXSIM finishes its run.

EDIT 19 May: Now happening on every forecast…

wxsim error1.JPG

I leave WXSIMATE and the other programs running between forecasts. The following may be a red herring but when I looked at WXSIMATE the entry under ‘Site’ was METAR. I shut WXSIMATE down, then restarted it and the correct site information showed. There was no error message with my next forecast at 1200 …

Is it running OK now? I wonder if WXSIMATE may have gotten stuck somehow, or took too long and WXSIM may have tried to run before WXSIMATE was finished. Let me know if it happens again.

Tom

Tom, no problems since I last posted.

I have same error today.
Did not make a screenshot. Had it at run 7 pm and 10 pm.
It looks like sometimes there is a problem with downloading new GFS data sometimes.

Edit: runs june 5th also no GFS. Now pic attached.

Brgds,
Oebel

error.jpg

Im getting a similar error this morning, I’m not sure if its the same…

wxsim_error.jpg

This latest error is from fdata.txt which is a file created from WXSimLite and I suspect it is the downloaded data for Lite which is old, this is the problem I’m having. GFS/Ready data is downloaded by wxsimate and if using Bohler data this also is likely to be missing or old. I only use Bohler data for Lite but McMahon for wxsimate.

Stuart

Same here, since this Morning (today)
Switching from Bohle to MC Mahon in WXSIMATE does not solved the Problem.
Seems to have Problems with GFS Downloads?
Bohler Data are from 2019-06-05-06 (Advection,GFS and Lite)
e.g. http://gfs.wxsim.com/lite/50.44/12.71

Stefan

Strange because my McMahon data is definitely OK in wxsimate, only Bohler failing for Lite data.

Stuart

I will change to McMahon and see what happens.
Today again same error every run.

Brgds,
Oebel

I just checked on this and see that the Bohler a day old. I believe this may be because Sam was working on it in advance of changes to GFS coming up June 12. I’ve just messaged him about this. Hopefully it’s something simple. Meanwhile, McMahon looks OK (and Chris believes his script will be OK with the changes on June 12). You can switch to McMahon for the time being, but WXSIM-Lite will be finding day-old data and won’t make a new fdata.txt file. Again, this will hopefully be fixed shortly!

Thanks!

Tom

Thanks Tom wee will see … :wink:

Fixed! I’ll make a post to that effect.

Tom

Bump !!!

Fdata.txt more then 24 hours old running 15.12h today

fdata.txt: 13-03-2020 23.24h

Changed from McMahon to Bohler in Wxsimate but no difference.

Will run WxsimLite see what happens

Somebody ?

Edit:
Wxsimlite.exe has virus : Trojan:Win32/Azden.B!cl being reported by Windows 10 Defender

Can’t download the updated file from http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/67304 it’s removed by Windows Defender immediatly

What to do now ?

Tom,

Is it possible to have wxsim to try one GFS source and if it fails, auto try another?

under threats in security the action button at the bottom should give you an option to allow on this device click it then do a fresh download

Same issue here - not sure why and also changed data sources.

Guy

I was away for the weekend so didn’t have a chance to check this at the time. GFS data seems to be up to date on my server. Last run processed was 00z for 17/03/2020. It’s likely that if both of our servers are reporting old data then there’s an outage on the source GFS data servers which is preventing us both from downloading the latest data.

Here at mine computer it was because windows defender removed wxsimlite.exe.
With the latest update of antivirus it’s still blocked for downloading.

For the weather computer: I opt for allow on this computer.

Send a renamed file wxsimlite_orig.exe to microsoft for investigation trojan/virus (and my suspect it’s not)
Malwarebytes had no warnings

Maybe later on I will try with wxsimupg.exe and see what defender does.