cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: Setup WD to write client raw.txt to another directory  (Read 305 times)

Offline Mudguppie

• OS/Browser:
  • iOS 12.3
  • Safari 12.1.1
Setup WD to write client raw.txt to another directory
« on: May 16, 2019, 08:50:55 PM »
My WD server also serves as an internal website.  I do this because both my sprinkler controller and the iOS version WD client require URL access to clientraw.txt.  Iíve tried to figure out how to get weather display to either change the location where it stores clientraw.txt or to have it store another copy in another directory on this server.  I know I can use ftp for that but that seems to be a more complicated way of accomplishing that.  Iíve tried the create a second copy of the clientraw.txt in the Real time client upload... option to have it store that second copy in another directory but that doesnít seem to work.  Is there a way to accomplish this without using ftp?

Offline Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 74.0.3729.131
    • Weather Display
Re: Setup WD to write client raw.txt to another directory
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 06:14:07 PM »
you can change the location under control panel, webfiles/web page setup, first tab

Offline Mudguppie

• OS/Browser:
  • iOS 12.3
  • Safari 12.1.1
Re: Setup WD to write client raw.txt to another directory
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 08:20:19 PM »
Thanks, Brian.  I did try that before and it didnít work but, since you confirmed that is the appropriate setting, I tried it again.  It still didnít work until I realized it might be a permissions problem.  So, I corrected that and now it works perfectly.