Frost Warning Conditions - Can we tailor them - Why they may be wrong

I normally get frost warnings from Wunderground directly and from my weather station. Lately the weather station is sending the warning but not Wunderground. I think it’s because the Weather Display conditions are not ideal. As a trained pilot we are also given guidelines as to when to expect frost, and they conflict with what has been said in other threads.

Here are some thoughts based on today’s warning…

These are the factors that I was considering: Temperatur 4.7degC, Trend +0.2degC, Current Windchill 4.7degC, dew point -0.1degC

Here’s why I think it was a “false” warning: (a) the dew point is 4.8degC below the temperature and so dew will not form and neither will frost, and (b) the trend is upwards so it’s getting warmer. There will not be a frost.

There was no frost, and Wunderground did not give a frost warning.

So, two questions:-

(a) My s/w is Weather Display - Ver 10.37P build 30 - it’s always a pain to upgrade - is an upgrade available and would it address this problem?

(b) Is the logic for determining when to send a Frost Warning held in a script somewhere where it could be tailored?

I notice Email Warning Setup / Other Alarms to Set / Misc Options / Frost prediction alarm it says and the current dew point is less than 3degC - but if the dew point is low then the temperature has to be even lower to cause any dew and therefore to cause any frost. I reckon that condition should read and the dew point is within 3degC of the current temperature or something similar. What do you all think?