Full Backup Of Weather Display

I have a quick question concerning backups. I had an HDD failure in January and had to reinstall everything from ground zero. PC was upgraded from WIN XP to WIN7 Ultimate during this. With a lot of help and some file snooping I have now ( I Think) got everything working as it should. The XP machine gave me a solid 10 years of service and was a recycle from my former workplace. I need to know if there is a way to backup ALL the configurations files and at least the last 30 days of data ( if feasible) so I will have a starting place when the next failure comes round. I have played around with a few backup programs and just begun experimenting with a program called Bit Replica from Auslogics. Not sure if that would be a candidate or not but if WD has that option and I haven’t stumbled across it yet I feel that would be best.

Thanks for any suggestions on the question.

Thanks
Wayne

WD does that auto for you daily
in the databackup folder
as long as the switch is on under control panel, databackup

That’s great news. So that basically if I can extract this data from the old failed drive I would have a copy of the original setup data.
And my backup for my current setup is available on the disc that I operate from now.

Thanks so much for the education on this!

WT

there is also a FAQ on the WD forum for how to transfer WD to a new pc too

@ kg4muc: If you are looking for a general purpose backup program I can recommend SyncBackSE. In addition to all the usual stuff it supports backup via FTP so you can backup your website to a PC, or PC stuff to the webserver.

Backing up and sending monthly zip data backup files to a web server works fine.
But would it be possible to send them to any folder I choose on the web server so that they are not scattered everywhere?
If so how?

Out of interest, how many of these backups do I need. There are many there with my other web files so do i need them all or are they best left alone?

Steve

not sure what you are meaning exactly and in what context?

Ok Brian.
There

you just need to keep the latest

Thanks Brian