Difficulty with WDL

I want to describe what seems to be a bug concerning Weather Display Live.

(1) I have installed Weather Display on my PC (Windows 10, up to date), fed by an Oregon WMR300 weather station. No problem whatsoever.

(2) I have installed Weather Display Live (6.0.9), no problem whatsoever : the heartbeat blinks regularly alternating green and red, everything is OK.

(3) I did the same as (1) on another PC (Beelink Pro 3, Windows 10 up to date) : no problem.

(4) Installed WDL on this PC, problem : it updates once when opened (green-red heartbeat), then does no longer update (green-yellow heartbeat). When “Refresh” is clicked, it updates once, then goes to the “no data” state until “Refresh” is clicked again. I also get often a refresh when just sweeping the window with the cursor, without clicking (but opening some yellow info window).

The settings in both installations are the same.

All this points to a difficulty with the Flash Player software, but I do not know how to solve it.

Because of Flash being made obsolete it also means WDL is sort of obsolete.
There is new software called FreshWDL which uses HTML5 so no problems with Flash.
Everything from the WD end works the same.
It would surely be better to get this working rather than solve problems with obsolete software.
Ian

Thanks for your advice.

However, I already knew FreshWDL, which is nice and simple (at least from the user point of view), but it has not the excellent graphic aspect of WDL, nor its easy display adjustement capacity. I do not know if and when it might reach the quality of WDL.
So I feel sorry to be obliged to somehow drop WDL :x

flash is basicly dead now , its getting less and less supported by browsers

I get the impression that Michel_W is viewing WDL using the button on WD main display. . . if I try that I get the dialogue box shown, but nothing happens when I click either button. And Flash is enabled in my IE11.

WDL.png

even the built in WDL in WD still uses a web browser driver library and the flash library installed…and all the latest restrictions changes etc

But I can view WDL from my web server quite happily in IE11, so what’s different about the web browser in WD?

I think it only uses the internet explorer driver

I am glad to see that my original question has arised some interest, but I still look for a solution to the problem : how is it that WDL works perfectly (and beautifully) on one computer, when it does work almost well (but does not update unless manually refreshed) on another which is using the same Windows 10, both with the latest revision (1803).
Of course this is probably a flash issue, but maybe more on the environment than on flash itself since it works well on one PC.
Therefore, does anybody know which dll or other system file might be missing on the PC hosting the crippled version ? I am not enough of a real hacker to find the answer by myself :oops:

its not very clear if you are meaning WDL in WD itself or on a web site?

I mean WDL in WD itself

that uses libraries loaded and running on your pc
(e.g internet explorer and flash)
there could easily be differences between pc’s

Hello.

I have left the problem for a while, but I am back trying to solve it.

Several people have told me that Flash was obsolete, so this was the reason of WDL malfunction on one PC, whereas it works well on another. But if one reads again with care what I had described in my initial post, the only malfunction is the lack of automatic updating. Otherwise, WDL works perfectly.
Therefore, I do not think that Flash itself is the culprit, it is, more probably, some slight twitch in WD initialization, that I still did not succeed to find. So, if a good advice or suggestion could be made, thanks in advance.

PS : WDL executes locally, on the same PC that executes WD.

ah, that is more clear
is the clientraw.txt file that the wdl config set to use updating?

I have the problem with weatherdisplay working – then stopping – then working — whats up – one computer running wd is fine – other computer has troubles

but that has nothing to do with WDL or this thread though