Weather Display -> MQTT -> Home Assistant

Just wanted to share that I have been experimenting with the excellent new Weather Display feature using MQTT to send data directly to Home Assistant. It is working, but there are some potential enhancements to the MQTT support that would make things much easier to implement.

Attached is a screenshot of “Mark’s Weather Station” data with the (2) MQTT lines I have added from Weather Display to Home Assistant.

Here is the configuration I am using to make this happen.

1. Weather Display: Using Custom tags of %temp% and %hum%.
  2. Home Assistant: configuration.yaml

mqtt:
discovery: true
discovery_prefix: homeassistant
broker: 192.168.0.14
client_id: HomeAssistant

sensor:

• platform: mqtt
    name: “Outdoor Temperature”
    state_topic: “homeassistant”
    unit_of_measurement: ’

One more attachment showing the graphical trends you can do with sensors in Home Assistant (using Weather Display’s MQTT to feed it).

MQTT sure does offer lots of flexibility and options
I think that would work OK, option to have different topic for each custom tag as you suggest (which is basicly the custom tag name between the % )

The default could still send all the custom tags as one topic, but having the ability of a checkbox to make each custom tag it’s own sub-topic would be perfect for Home Assistant integration.

Tags that have forecast or climate textual data would be able to be imported to Home Assistant - since there is no perfect/clean way I know of right now to handle those (due to the randomness of the amount of words, etc). No way to parse it out of a large string.

Thanks!

• Mark

Would be very good with one topic per tag.
How do you parse the data today ?
I would like to have the tag temperature, wind speed, todays rain.

It’s on my list of jobs to do
When I get the spare time
Hopefully this weekend or next week

Hi, I am wanting my Homey (https://www.athom.com/en/ ) to use my Weatherdata.
Homey can use MQTT. But I dont want to all sensor/values or parse it.

So I wonder if there is any news about WD sendning one tag per sensor/value

its on my list of jobs (see about how its going to work in another thread)

Thanks, but I searched the forum for other MQTT threads but cant find any other with newer information.
Do you have a link to your other thread ?

right here in the chatter section, 2 posts down
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/66430