WDisplay Linux / Netatmo / Strange behaviour

The other day I ran into some trouble with WDisplay …

After returning from work I noticed that the computer running WDisplay was unresponsive. So I restarted it, everything came up fine but after 10 mins or so it became unresponsive again. Restarted it again and I noticed, that data hadn’t been updated since the night before … at around the time Mint had offered me a new kernel which of course I had installed. restarted it again and chose the kernel everything had worked before.

But again, after a couple of minutes the computer became unresponsive again. Another restart and I kept an eye on RAM usage and I could see that RAM was eaten up very fast.

It took me a while to realize, that around the same time I had installed the new kernel my Netatmo for whatever unrelated reason had stopped sending data. After restarting it everything went back to normal.

Has anyone using Netatmo seen something like this?

Check in “system monitor” and see what is using your resources

I assume that would be Weatherdisplay … under normal conditions it uses around 50% of RAM (which is the reason, why I restart it by a script every 6 hours). It simply surprised me, that within a couple of minutes all RAM was gone, because the Netatmo “decided to hang” … 8O

it is likely the problem is with the cronnetatmo program
it might be that its not closing and so you can a whole heap of those spawning and using up memory