Issue capturing data from VP2

Hello

I have encountered a problem of reading data from my VP2 console.

I am running WeatherD V10.37r-69 on a Windows XP system for some time and now it just does not read any data from my VP2 console.
If I use VirtualVP to share the data with multiple programs or use WeatherLink directly, the data can be read from the VP2 console for WeatherLink but still nothing for WeatherDisplay.

I even installed Windows 8.1 and have encountered the same result.

If I use one of my older copies of WeatherDisplay (WeatherD V10.37q-80), the data can be read from the VP2 console.

I would like to get up to at least wdisplay32 V10.37r build 81.

I am running the installation on Hyper-V with a USB Ethernet redirector to get the serial communication to the virtual computer.

Not sure where to look next to try and figure out the problem.

Thanks

try this
in WD under setup, advanced/misc
tick to log the raw data

then email me the file
rawultimeterdata.txt
that is created
and also let me know what shows in WD under view, debug info

Will do

One other thing I just noticed: If I go through Control Panel → Dallas 1 Wire, the Dallas 1 Wire configuration page comes up and then I just close it, the acquiring of data from VP2 console starts. This I can reproduce every time with wdisplay32 V10.37r build 81.

I also do not have any 1 Wire products, how can I correct this issue?

Thanks

if you could let me know what shows under view , debug info, after setting the debug setting, that would be great
(with a recent update of WD)

after seeing your view , debug info, that you emailed me

the issue is your raw barometer reading is very low

and so you need to set a barometer offset in WD

to bring that up to expected sea level reasing

e.g , in hpa, if you current barometer reading should be 1020, but your raw reading is 660

then the offset needs to be 1020 less 660

i.e 360 hpa

or

10.63 inches

Thanks Brian for the quick reply.

Problem is now solved. Somehow my console lost it’s calibration and elevation settings.

Once corrected, the higher versions of WeatherDisplay work as expected.