Humidity fluctuations (SOLVED)

Any idea why I’m seeing this fluctuations in my humidity reading. This started a few months ago. The temp/humidity sensor and ISS have been replaced with no change. It fluctuates from the correct reading to 45%. The console always shows the correct humidity. The incorrect humidity readings are causing the dewpoint reading to fluctuate. This logfile will show the fluctuations:

http://mikeymsweather.com/42019lgcsv.csv

Version 1037s build 94 04/18/2019 and previous builds

I’m really at a loss on fixing this. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated - Thanks

MikeyM

Looking at the start of that logfile shows humidty flat at 45% with deviations to around 60% at fairly regular intervals, approximately each10 minutes.

Probably a dumb question, and it would be a bit tedious, but have you tracked the humidty on the console and in WD for a long enough period to be sure WD is deviating from the console value?

Do you have any alternate/additional data source set up in WD that might be causing this, e.g. metar or ??

Thanks for looking Niko. The console will always show the correct humidity readings with no fluctuations other than when the humidity actually changes. The current reading is 96% in rain showing on the console and yet the logfile will show readings between the correct reading down to 45%, but never below 45%. I never had this problem until a few months ago and after changing the temp/humidity sensor with no improvement I decided to change the ISS which I did several days ago. I had been comparing the VP2 humidity with the WeatherFlow and they were always within 2% of each other, but of course because I want to compare them the WeatherFlow humidity sensor is acting up this morning and I haven’t had time to get out and try a rest of it. You know Murphy’s Law!

Acutaly as we speak the VP2 console just went from 96% to 95% as the rain is stopping.

Closest ASOS is KMPO and it’s showing 100% humidity 30 minutes ago.

MikeyM :?

Hmmm, gotta be a clue in the regularity of the error :?

humdev.png

Wonder if it could possible the data logger?

Seems unlikely that the logger would choose to only mess up humidity, I don’t believe we have ever seen that before with the Davis.

Hopefully Brian has some ideas?

If you want to investigate some more it’s pretty easy to do a basic setup for the VP in WD. I would temporarily install a second instance of WD using the 2wd.txt method so it doesn’t affect your main WD. Let it run for a while with just a minimal VP setup and see if you get the same result. That will tell you for certain if the Davis has a problem.

So long as you run that for less than 40 hours you will be able to restart the original WD and catch up the missed data.

Just went back over the “lgcsv.csv” files and this started to happen 10/11/2018 20:12 really strange.
Thanks I’ll give that a try.
Spent enough time on it today and I better get some other projects done.

Cheers

Thanks

MikeyM

maybe you have set to use a metar for humidity or similar

Brian
Checked the Metar setup and I have “Metar OFF” and nothing is checked.

Thanks for looking.

MikeyM

if you could email me your settings files then I will test here with VP

I found the problem, is to do with your HB 1 wire settings
I sent you an email on how to reset those

Brian

Thank you VERY much! The problem is solved! :salute: =D>

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM