Windy.com setup

Again thanks very much for all the work that you do, VERY much apreciated :smiley:
Best Regards

Hi Brian, yes it worked but its not updating automatically. unless I run test a data send every hour nothing happens
here is the output of sendwindycomdata,
https://stations.windy.com/pws/update/?&winddir=157&ts=1555832400&windspeedmph=0&windgustmph=0&humidity=74&tempf=74.8&rainin=0.000&baromin=30.144&dewptf=66.0&uv=0.0
https://stations.windy.com/pws/update/?&winddir=157&ts=1555832400&windspeedmph=0&windgustmph=0&humidity=74&tempf=74.8&rainin=0.000&baromin=30.144&dewptf=66.0&uv=0.0

ah
so the automatic running of the cron program is not happening?

You might want to remove your private API key from the first post.

I see the problem, I had used code from the Mac version, and the nameing of the cron program is different to linux
upoading a fix now

Thanks Mark :slight_smile:

new update ready now
re having your api key showing…who in the world is actually going to want to use your api key to upload their weather data anyway though ? (as your lat/long and station name is tied to your api key)

Thanks Brian I’ll let you know how its going

Re API key, I know it is unlikely, but I never cease to be amazed at some people’s delight in screwing things up for others.

Thanks Brian alls working OK :smiley:
Youre right Mark people do it just cause they can

OK heres a question and sorry if I’m a pain
should cronwindy open a new window (which is happening) every time it sends data or should it refresh
also cannot close cronwindy window with the close button :? (have to use the Linux kill switch X)

ah
it should close auto once sent
I will have a look
(I am trying to take a break though as it is easter monday here)

it should close OK…just checked the code…
do you see any error message?
what if you run it from a terminal window?

OK mate sorry to interrupt your Easter have a great day and enjoy yourself

here is the output from a terminal window

(cronwindycom:23335): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_main_quit: assertion ‘main_loops != NULL’ failed

Those are gtk graphic library errors
With the updated compiler
But should not cause a problem
Does the program exit after sending the data
That is the Q

No its not exiting after the data is sent
It has to be closed manually, I have set it to send every hour so that there are not as many to close down when I have to

I will investigate later tomorrow and let you know

Thanks, no hurry :slight_smile:

it should be OK now
download a new WD linux update

:smiley: Thanks Brian excellent work