Weatherflow Wind Speed & Direction (MacWD)

Not sure if this is by design or if I need to change my settings somewhere…

On the WD console:

• Wind direction compass updates once every two minutes
  • Wind speed dial updates once a minute

open the cronweatherflow window. You’ll see the data from weatherflow as it’s read into WD. My data and the WD console display are updating every 2-3 seconds. I do not have power saver enabled on my Sky unit.

Are you running the OSX version of WD?

Sorry no, Windows, but you should still have a program like cronweatherflow that is reading the UDP data?

Yes, cronweatherflow is reading the rapid data, it’s just that WD is not updating the dials.

For comparison side-by-side WD’s, OSX and Win10 versions reading the same Weatherflow station. Note that OSX version did not perform midnight reset again.
Neither is graphing lightning strikes that I assume would show on the wind direction graph.

I cannot figure out how to graph lighten either, however, I know WD is aware since it does do audible lightening sounds. I had left the volume up really high and it scared the crap out of wife last week. :lol:

Norcaldan ,do you happen to be running WD mac in a mac emulation on a windows pc, or ?

WD mac runs on my iMac native, and WD pc runs on my Win10 machine…each is grabbing the same Weatherflow data.

your screen shot of the mac version shows the dials showing 2.7 the same as the windspeed number and the wind direction is showing SE, the same as the wind direction is showing under it
(it is a bit fuzzy though)
so I cant see what the problem is re not updating the dials?
i.e the dials are updating when the numbers in the current conditions update, yes?

I can see the rapid wind updates in cronweatherflow change many times every minute, but, on the WD console, the speed dial only updates once per minute and the direction dial only updates every two minutes.

dials.png

My WDpc version finally picked up a lightning strike…it does not show in red next to the data quality indicator, but by making the console full screen size I do see a very small blip on the red trace on the wind direction graph. :wink:

wdpclightning.png

I am testing here
the windspeed and direction gauges and values update 1 second after that data updates in the cronweatherflow program
and that is getting windspeed and direction updates every 5 seconds or so
(this is with UDP not ticked…I cant test with UDP ticked as I do not ahve a hub here)

maybe check the running processes on your mac…WD might not be getting enough resources
i have also tested the midnight rain reset and that worked

Alrighty then…that settles that…no Mac wd for me…

huh?

I see no reason to continue, you can’t re-produce the issues I am experiencing, and, I am (apparently) the only one having these issues on my old iMac that cannot be updated beyond Yosemite 10.10 OSX. However, if you want to continue to work on it and need me to test things on the Mac side with Weatherflow I would be happy to do that…

Thanks for the update, I’ll look for blips the next we lighting