WD or Meteotemplate minor quirk with rain for day

I use 1 minute updates as do others, but the 3 second update may be a problem at midnight

one solution is WD does not send a fast update to meteotemplate around that midnight change over time at the change of a new month (or even just around midnight any day?)?

It’s midnight on any day that recorded precipitation. I first noticed it on the first of the month, but it also occurred on the 5th/6th.

I’m having WD send both the clientraw to have FreshWDL work, and also the API sending Meteotemplate data to the SQL database on my server.

And not having had anything but copious quantities of snow (and more to come by the sounds of it in another day or so) I’ve not followed the day to day periods. I am hoping for just plain rain soon.

Dale

try this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

Update installed, will advise if this fixes the problem. It has rained today, so I will check after midnight.

Downloaded and running. Haven’t had any rain so far today.
Gus

I’m afraid that had no effect.

Editing the rain for 00:00:00 timestamp to 0.00 corrects the totals shown by MT.

the time in the MT data is actually UTC
so maybe I need to not send around that midnight time change instead of local midnight time change?

UTC midnight would be 8 PM my time. Not sure that would have any effect.

then I am not sure what the solution is at this stage

Appreciate the attempt. I have escalated this to Jachym with links to this thread, plus on MT forum.

Thanks for your persistence.

I was going to text Jachym to see if he was still working on the project or not. I may still, to let him know there is interest in continuing on with this being resolved.
Dale

This has felt like a timing issue, but now I am not sure. I have WD’s API updater sending data every 3 seconds. To further trouble shoot, I have changed that to 1 minute intervals, and 5 minute intervals on days it has rained.

The same problem exists, the 00:00:00 entry in the MT database for the next day includes the rain total from the previous day, but the 00:00:05 does not. However that 00:00:00 entry throws totals off until corrected. Fortunately Jachym has made it easy to edit the SQL database on the server.

if there is no data sent right on the midnight time then MT must be like dividing up the time stamps it does receive into nice 5 minute intervals
and so if it got data with a time stamp before midnight and one after, then its ‘making up’ a time stamp of midnight
but it needs to use the data from the most recent data…not the one prior…the one prior will have the previous days rain total

I’ll get those updated files installed, and let you know the results. Probably won’t be until this weekend based on the forecast.

OK, got to admit I am confused now. I installed the latest from the test.zip you provided.

First image shows the correct rain totals for yesterday, month, and year.

The next image is the rain block on MT. The rain total for today is 0.00, but the month and year totals are incorrect as the rain yesterday is added twice.

The last image shows the MT database for the first entry for today.

And the final image shows the MT block, after the 00:00:00 rain amount is corrected.

wdrain.JPG

I don’t think this is a WD issue?

I’m inclined to agree. Thanks for your efforts.

Brian,
I think it is safe to say that WD is NOT the cause of MT carrying over the rain total to the next day’s total. Someone else has reported the same problem with MT, but is not a WD user. Both Meteobridge and Netatmo plugin to update from a Netatmo station have exhibited the same problem.