App is crashing lately

one solution is to restart it every few days maybe

Did you see this in the crash notes:

Application Specific Information:
BUG IN CLIENT OF LIBDISPATCH: Semaphore object deallocated while in use

Hi Brian,

I have been trying your suggest of restarting the app. The crashes are still happening.

They are at very specific time. 12am and 12pm. I am still getting the same error message of:

Application Specific Information:
BUG IN CLIENT OF LIBDISPATCH: Semaphore object deallocated while in use

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sean

a crash at a specific time is a big clue
12pm might be corrupted FWI data
(you could try deleting the fwi.inf and fwi2.inf data files)

Thx for the info.

I deleted the fwi.inf, I could not find the fwi2.inf file.

I will let you know how it goes.

Hi rigger3 - Did delete the file resolve your crashing issues? Mine is doing the same thing.

Yes, it seem to have worked. I have not experienced any crashes since deleting the files.

I did a lot of testing. I switched back to windows for a while until I had time to research the crashing issue. It seemed to crash anytime the program updated internet files. So, I checked and unchecked a bunch of options in the “Web Files Setup#1” tab. Once I unchecked the system from creating and uploading any of the dials, it stopped crash. The graphs do not seem to cause a problem, only dials.

Then I was curious as to if it was an issue creating GIFs. So, I toggled the option to create JPEG instead of GIF. The I turned back on some of the options to create dials. It DID NOT crash!!! Woohoo!

I spoke too soon. Right after I posted the message, it crashed. I checked the output files for the dials. The program created the rain dials, humidity, gust, directional, dew, barodial.jpg… then crashed. The offending file is called average dial.jpg. It was the last image created before the crash.

averagedial.jpg

ah, the option to create individual dials
I will test/check on that

Hi Brian, I’m a software developer myself, so I know developing a program this complex is difficult. You are doing a great job. I have found a few other annoying bugs in the MAC version build 315. Should I post these in the Bugs/Issues thread or in the Mac thread? I wish I knew enough about development on a MAC to help and test.

i have made some fixes for the individual dial images, latest update

Hi Brian,

I have tried Build 315 and it closes at 11 minutes past midnight each night. Here is the error message in the System Log

Jun 16 00:11:09 PJL-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x100085c7.weatherdisplay[94377]): Service exited due to SIGSEGV | sent by exc handler[94377]

I also reviewed all settings and did not find any specific setting that requires actions such as file creation or file upload that is set to 11 minutes past midnight. Any thoughts on what could cause the crash? Previously using Build 307 and that works ok so I went back to that.

Thanks

that is when the av/ext is updated
so you could try turning that off as a test (in the upload times in the ftp/internet setup)

Hi Brian, yes that seems to be the cause. I unchecked the option for the ave/ext as you suggested and Build 315 kept going through the night.

if you could email me your settings files and your data file (month62019.inf) and logfile 62019lg.txt
then I can test here

I have not made any changes to the av/ext routine for a while though

have tested here with your settings and your logfile and data file
and turned on to update the av/ext
it did not crash at 12:11am

email me though also your climatedata.html webfile

that file causes the crash
investigating

it might not be that file
as the crash does not happen every time (with the av/ext routine)

It did crash last night at 00:11. And this morning, after restarting it has crashed 3 times shortly after the restart. I went back to 307 for the day while at work.