WD still not downloading consul after reboot

Weather Display v10.37S b93

Not sure which build this stared but has been going on for a while and the last 2 builds I downloaded have not fixed it. WD is still not downloading consul after reboot, you have to close WD and then reopen it, then it will download the consul. Other wise it sits there not downloading until you do this.

when you say reboot, do you mean of the whole pc?
what might be happening is that windows is a bit slow on setting up the comport
do a solution is to use the wdstartdelay.exe program
i.e set that to run at windows startup (instead of weatherdisplay.exe)

Seems to have fixed it I have not had to mess with since I got wdstaerdelay running, 40 second delay. Thanks. Yes it was after the pc boots at 12:03 am

Hi Weather Display.

I have this same problem that it times out trying to get the data from the VP upon computer restart, but weirdly, not on every occasion.

I tried the wdstartdelay which the problem occurred again yesterday after the pc restart.

it doesnt occur every time. I thought it may have been as discussed in this forum after the reboot of the pc that the usb com port takes a while to setup but this is not the case because as a test, when WD was and had been running fine for a few days, I shut the WD software down (not the pc) and restarted it with the problem of failing to extract the data occurring again.

Whilst the data extraction box remains open, the data received light and data quality light on WD remain red and If you abort the data extraction box the WD software almost instantaneously lights up the data quality light green and the data received light starts flashing green then WD does what it is supposed to do and continues on.

As a suggestion, if the data extraction times out after lets say 10 attempts, can you get the software to auto abort this extraction module after this 10 attempts so WD will start and receive data from the console.

I noticed this has only started happening after the last 3 or 4 builds ago.

Further to the above update…sometimes I am having to restart WD 2 or 3 times before the data extractor gets the data from the logger.

Ok I have just found out where I can turn the data logger off.

As my WD is running 24/7 i can live without the data logger in the interim.

I has hung once on me, I increased the delay from 40 to 70 seconds, hopefully that cures it. I agree Watchdog or WD should restart if it doest connect instead of sitting there until it is manually closed and restarted. I have a com port, not USB, probably some damn win10 update issue as I had no problen with this the first year it was up.

Hi Weather Display.

Just an update that may assist.

I dont think it is anything to do with the comm port taking a while when the pc restarts, because now that I have disabled the data extraction tool and now each and every time WD starts, the console connects with WD immediately with both connection LED and data received LED illuminating within a split second of WD starting.

what I would try is a complete reset of the davis data logger
that has helped others
(i.e power down the console, remove the data logger, and unplug from pc, wait a few minutes, put back in , power up the console, then set the time/date and data logging interval 1 minute best)

Thanks Weather Display. Have done as you said and will see what happens.

Should I tick the box “clear data when finished”

Regards

Bruce