Weather Underground Almanac

I’m having issues with the Weather Underground Almanac. I have my new API key but Weather Underground doesn’t pull in any data for the station or city. Am I doing somethign wrong or is this because of WU’s recent API changes?

The new WU API does not offer almanac data; only current conditions, historical conditions (w/o almanac) and a 5 day forecast.

Well then, that stinks.

So I use the alternative dashboard from Burnsville Weather and need the almanac data. (I just moved and set up my station at my new location so don’t have any historical data on my own.) Any suggestions on how to get that info into the script? Other options in WD?

Thanks!
Eric

Unfortunately, there appears to be no free access to that data on the net. Several paid (and very $$$) APIs do offer historical record data based on METAR reports, but none of the free/low volume APIs offer it.

I suggest removing that from the alternative dashboard as WD no longer can obtain the data for you.

I have posted a few heads up threads about this 8O

I got a new API key today as a contributing member. You can do this by logging in to your account requesting a new API. It does NOT allow me to display the WU forecast on my webpage (Meteotemplate).

At this point I am looking to see if this is resolved, and if not I will discontinue sending my data to WU, which I have done since 2005.

As the old laundry man said “no ticky - no washy”

There is a 5 day forecast available via the API, but as it now comes from weather.com and not wunderground, the JSON or XML output is in a different format so any template developer has already or would need to change their code to suit (and you would need to have that latest version). But it does work as I have it on my website.

the new WU API 5 day forcast does work in WD
(and there are custom tags for that and the icon is uploaded etc)

I have switched from the weather underground almanac to my station data almanac ($maxtempfortodayfromyourdata / $mintempfortodayfromyourdata) to keep displaying record high(s) and low(s) on my ajax-dashboard. However, is there a way available to remove the decimal point, like there is for the temperature ($tempnodp). I have added the nodp to the above tags, but I still have the decimal point visible. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

tbrasel

why do you want that removed?

I would like to remove the decimal point to my record data to match my other temperature data on my ajax-dashboard, which has the decimal point removed.

The following parameters have no decimal point on my ajax-dashboard.
Temperature
High Temperature
Low Temperature
Normal High
Normal Low

I would like for the record high and low to match those mentioned above.

thanks
tbrasel

i will look into doing that for the next update

Has a new update been released?

try this version
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

Works perfectly. Thank you & for your time, Sir!