Newbie Questions

Hi

Just wanted to clarify a couple of points about weather display

a. Does WD use the weather station console date and time, or its own time?
b. In the software directories there is data and log files. Can someone explain what each is for
c. There is mention of a a memory leak / regular restart procedure - is this necessary and if so where is it setup…?

Thanks

And another small question

In Cumulus, if the software goes offline, it will catch up when the software starts again. Is there and option for this in WD

Thx in advance

WD uses the pc time/date . not the stations
logfiles are text based, so you can edit (and then convert to the data files)
datafiles are for the graphs

you can set to have WD restart daily, see under control panel, ftp/internet setup, reboot

and yes WD can be set to catch up on history data (see in the data logger setup) if your station hardware has that ability/compatible

Hi Brian

Thanks once again.

Is this available with the Fine Offset… where would I find the data logging option?

Thx

control panel, data logger

Hi Brian

Have been trying to import my data from Cumulus. It seems very slow (6+ hours). Is there anything I can do to speed the process up? What are the limiting factors?

Thanks

Just to clarify that is to import 1 month is greater than 6 hours…

what speed pc/how much memory?

Hi Brian

Have been having a look at this

WeatherPc - Intel NUC (low spec CPU), 4G ram, SSD - time to process 1 month cumulus data - 8 hours
Other PC - Intel i5-8600, 16G ram, PCIE ssd, plus ssd temp file - time to process 1 month cumulus data - just under 3 hours

Seems the process starts off very quickly, then slowly goes slower and slower. Not sure it can be sped up, but with 6 years data to look at, I am going to be where a while!

Thanks
tc

Hi

Thanks for all the answers… I sill am struggling with one of them.

With the restart functionality for WD, is it necessay? Should it be turned on? Why?

Thanks

I do not use it myself, on a low spec pc
windows has enough forced updates and pc reboots anyway 8O