No indoor temperature (0.0)

Hi,

I’m new to the forum and to WD. Just installed today and had quite a few problems to get my Ambient weather connected to WD.
It’s working now through Wunderground API data, as far as I can see everything is fine except the indoor temperature is zero.

At wunderstation (same data set) it shows the right temp., so it must be something in the wunderground and WD link I suppose.
Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

the new replacement WU API does not provide indoor temperature
WD can though be set to get data from the ambient server via their api, if you have set your station to send data to the ambient server

Yes, that works. Thank you.
It didn’t work initially because I couldn’t deselect the wunderground option but after a restart it was deselected and it works now.
I really like that it even reads the history captured by ambient so I don’t have to leave my computer on.

This morning it wouldn’t update last nights history from the ambient server.
Program started as usual but normally the update pop-up window will appear and I see the data scrolling by. The pop-up appeared but nothing happened and than it closed automatically.
Online at ambient the data is there, it just doesn’t read it. It does read the current data but not the history.

Is there a way too ignite that again if it fails for some reason?

Thanks

This is what the pop-up shows:

First this:
[{“macAddress”:“EC:FA:BC:80:B6:1B”,“lastData”:{“dateutc”:1553865480000,“winddir”:192,“windspeedmph”:4.9,“windgustmph”:6.9,“maxdailygust”:13.6,“tempf”:37.8,“hourlyrainin”:0,“dailyrainin”:0.18,“weeklyrainin”:0.18,“monthlyrainin”:1.77,“totalrainin”:23.71,“baromrelin”:30.08,“baromabsin”:29.43,“humidity”:98,“tempinf”:55.8,“humidityin”:37,

After a while (seconds) this:
{“error”:“above-app-rate-limit”}

above app rate limit.jpg

Hmmm, may be a limit on the Ambient side ?

https://ambientweather.docs.apiary.io/#introduction/authentication

app key limit is 3 per second.
Don’t think WD will do that, I wouldn’t know how to check or adjust.

That’s funny, I created a new API key and the error message is gone.

Wouldn’t make much sense but, since the application key is per developer, as written this could be interpreted to mean that all the WD’s are collectively limited to 3/sec :?

API requests are capped at 1 request/second for each user's apiKey and 3 requests/second per applicationKey.

there is effectively 2 keys
a developer key
and then the user key (to access his/her device)

they have throttled back on the frequency as when first released…i.e the docs probably need to be updated
every 18 seconds is around the limit now

Hmm, it has been working for days, until this morning. I didn’t change anything.
Can I change the frequency?
Or can I get data from the unit directly? (ambient weather WS-2902)

which version/build of WD?
make sure a recent version, as update rate is bit slower (so as to avoid this problem)

10.37S build 93

Update is at 16 sec interval

and so at 16 seconds you are still getting that its over limit?
one thing, make sure no other version of WD running?

No I checked task manager; one instant is running. After restart it runs updates for a while and than it quits.

what I could do is add where you can set the update rate?

yes, maybe but I have the feeling something else is going on.
It worked flawless for 5 days and even if it’s going over the limit, it should update every now and than.

OTOH, if the limit is 18 sec. and the current cycle is 16 sec. than an adjustable update rate would be nice to have.

maybe its something changed/going on with the ambient server?

How do the two rate limits work together?

applicationKey - identifies the developer / application.
- I assume that's a single key baked into all copies of WD?
apiKey - grants access to past/present data for a given user's devices
. - Different for each user.
API requests are capped at 1 request/second for each user's apiKey and 3 requests/second per applicationKey