Budget weather station

Hi all, my la Crosse ws2310 has had it’s day. Can anyone suggest a low cost replacement.
Would the Velleman ws1080 or Technoline ws2307 be compatible with Weather Display?

yes, they sound like a WH1081 type clone (but if you can provide more info that would be good)
you could also look into the weatherflow station?

The Technoline works with Heavy weather, same as my La Crosse. I found an online manual here-

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/830948/Technoline-Ws-2307.html

The Velleman works with Easy weather. Here is their webpage with links to downloads-.

https://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?id=374584&country=us&lang=en

I am leaning towards the Technoline ws2307 as it appears to use the same sensors as the La Crosse, of which I have some spares.
Also after a forum search for ws2307 it seems that some other forum members have used them.

I bought the technoline, Weatherflow look very good, but seem to be unavailable in the UK.
I can confirm that the ws2307 does work with Weather Display :D. I connected via the serial port as I had with the La Crosse and Weather Display collected the data without altering the station type settings i.e. set for La Crosse WS2310/2315. However these also seem to be scarce at the moment, and may have been discontinued.

From the information I have been able to find about the ‘Technoline WS2307’, the design of weather station is quite old - it appears the weather station was released in/around 2009.

I understand that you would like to have a weather station as promptly as possible…

With that said/written, you would have made a better purchase with the WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station … even with the higher price for the WeatherFlow weather station. It is using the latest technology to process all the data the hub gets from its two satellite units (the SKY and the AIR units). I do not know how long the waiting time would have been before a WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station would have been available for the UK - the stations are produced according to the demands of specific regions, thus the possible shortage for the UK.

I bought my WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station when the project was still on Indiegogo (crowd founding service) in March 2018. I received the station in August 2018 and it has been in operation ever since. There are still some ‘weaknesses’ with some of the readings, but, as a complete weather system, I am happy with my WeatherFlow.

I also operate, in parallel, a Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 Plus weather station (it has been reliably providing weather data since June 2008).

The WF site says the EU version is sold out.

WeatherFlow does not produce large quantity of weather stations at any one time. For example, next month, WF might be producing 100 weather station that are specifically designed (modified) for Australia as their transmission frequencies are different than those, for example, in North America. Thus the shortage for other group of countries.

WF does now have a very nice solar charging battery array for the windspeed sensor (SKY)
i.e so no need to have to change batteries etc

The Weatherflow system would have cost around

Brian, have you already received a WF solar panel (or solar charging array)?

I thought the solar panel would not be available until later this year (I have not seen any such information in the WF Community/forum)… :?

oh, I did not realise its not available yet
I must be a beta tester
its very nice :slight_smile: