Updating to latest version

Several things over the years have thwarted my updating to the latest version. I am “still” running 10.37R b81 :oops: But it works.
Anyway now that things seem to have settled down, I have moved to a new server, still running php 5.6 but now need to look at getting everything ready to run on php 7.
I have everything backed up and still have a copy of the b81 download should things try and go pear shaped on me.
Is there anything I should watch out for when doing this? I am running Windows10.

Rosalind

Only thing I can think of is the WD executable name changed at some point so if build 81 is using the old name your link will need to be changed for starting WD. Other than that, all the new stuff added to WD will need to be configured at some point. If you run into trouble just holler and someone here should be able to help.

Thanks for that.
My startup icon says C:\wdisplay\WeatherD.exe and the target is wdisplay Can I manually change this to C:\wdisplay\weatherdisplay.exe after doing the update? Will it still work on auto start up, or is there some editing to be done there?

Yes you can edit the short cut if needed. It’s been so long, but I seem to recall either I installed WD to a new directory, or perhaps the installer will select a new directory for you when you run the install. If that happens, just make sure you run the correct WD :wink:

In W10 you may need to change to starting WD with task scheduler to have it run automatically with admin privileges.

Done!
The only thing that I noticed was that when WD started the logger download didn’t do anything, it just hung so I aborted that and the data loaded. There is only 10 minutes missing, which is nothing, it isn’t raining yet! Normally that just flashes up and then disappears. Until I start it up again I won’t know if this will happen again.
Other than that I haven’t noticed anything else not working yet. I have changed the shortcut to WeatherDisplay.exe and also edited the Task Scheduler to the same.
So far so good.
If only I could fix my graphs as quickly :frowning:
Rosalind