Yesterday's Rain & Rain Days

WD doesn’t appear to capture yesterday’s rain and monthly rain days.

We had 2.40" of rain yesterday yet WD’s data on my website (Saratoga) shows 0.00". I’ve noticed this before but yesterday was a significant amount.

Also, for March, we’ve had 8 prior days of rain. The website shows 1 rain day for the month.

My Leuven website is the same.

Yesterday Rain.JPG

We had .35" of rain yesterday. My web page is reporting 0.00" of rain yesterday.

Something to do with WD?

Hi
I believe Brian is away this weekend
but I have looked at you clientraw.txt and yesterdays rain value is zero
to help Brian please post your rain to date (view/rain chart) and the detailed rain data, your WD version and build and station type would also help

The rain data is correctly displayed for the current time and date. Apparently, it’s not being captured correctly historically. I guess this is a function of WD?

I’m using the latest b93 version of WD. And I have a Davis VP2.

Here’s the charts from WD:

RainChartDetailed.JPG

This chart is my Leuven rain data pulled from WU - reported correctly:

yesterday rain is shown on the WD main screen, in the rainfall section
what shows there?

also was WD running at rain reset time?

.01" rain yesterday. WD runs 24/7. Here’s the screen shot I think you want:

what is the custom tag you are using for yesterday rain?

oh, when you posted 0.01 inches yesterday…you did not mean WD was showing that…WD is showing zero

do you happen to have WD set to restart at around midnight or happen to have the pc change the time or something similar around that time?

I haven’t added or changed any custom tags. I thought those were built into WD.

You are correct. WD shows 0.00" rain for yesterday. WU history shows 0.01" for yesterday and that’s what I saw on the Davis console for a total rainfall when I looked at it yesterday.

Where is the WD restart setting located? I looked but couldn’t find it. The PC itself doesn’t restart on a schedule.

reboot/restart options are in the ftp/internet setup

maybe you have set WD to use the davis console rain totals, in the weather station type setup
but the time on the console does match the pc time

I think you may have found it, Brian. WD was set to use the Davis console rain totals. I unchecked that. Hopefully the forecast rain tonight before midnight will happen. I’ll post the results.

Thanks

that should still work OK, as long as the davis console time is the same as the pc time

I had .01" rain before midnight and it showed up today for yesterday’s rain. Looks like a user setup error to me :smiley:

The Davis console was 2 minutes ahead of the PC. I reset the console time last night. I haven’t found a way to automatically sync the console to the PC on a daily basis yet.

I am sure I had it where you can set WD to set the time correctly on the Davis console
I just can’t remember where you set that now 8O

Will this jog the memory

Thanks for the nudge. I’ll give it a try.

I remembered ,yes, control panel, data logger