Boltek LD-250 Lighting Detector Setup in Weather Display

Greetings all,
I got myself a Boltek LD-250 Lighting Detector and I have two questions:

1. Where in Weather Display can I find how to add the Lighting Detector. (going from serial to USB, Boltek provided all the cables and drivers). I am com7.
  2. I have no idea what software or should I say Lighting Detector network, so please tell me the the best software and Lighting Detector Network I should sign up with.

edited to say I have a Davis Vantage Pro2 as my wx station***

All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Ciao~
BH

see under setup, advanced/misc, Nextstorm
i.e you need to have Nextstorm software in use, and set the IPC gate active in that

There is only Nexstorm for the Boltek detectors these days.
You can download a free version from the Boltek website and there’s a user manual on there as well: https://www.boltek.com/downloads/ld-250

Details about the Nexstorm software is available from here: https://astrogenic.com/nexstorm.html
As well as the software, you’ll also need a map of your area which you can purchase from Astrogenics website or use your own.

If you want to add your data to a network then, once Nexstorm is set up, you can join StrikeStar which has sites for the US, EU & Aus/NZ, depending where you are in the world.

Thank you !!! to both of you…I just purchased the Pro Version of Nexstrom and waiting for the link to be emailed to me so I can install it and I will buy the maps, however I would like to get Weather Dispaly working with Nexstrom first before I join StrikeStar.

I could not find the in Nexstrom Light where to enable IPC gate active, so hopefully the full version will have it. Unless I just missed it.

Thanks again!!!
BH

It’s under Options > Bottom of the menu “FlashGate IPC”. :wink:

Ok, got the Nexstrom software installed and enabled the FlashGate IPC (both the Strike and TRAC enabled) I also enable Lighting with Integate Nexstrom software. I think I got everything setup correctly.

Question how do I know when WD is receiving the lighting strikes.

I was using Nexstrom Light earlier and that does not support Flashgate…the full paid version does.

Once I see that WD is getting the data I will join StrikeStar.

Ciao~
BH

try a BBQ lighter to simulate a false lightning strike
(not sure if that will work with the boltec though)
then see if that is picked up in WD under view, lighting counts

Ok I got its working thanks to a few storms around the area. I am getting Data Quality Errors on WD the number will decrease after a few minutes or so. Is there a log I can look at, I know for a fact the bad data quality if from Nexstorm. Are these from Noise Strikes?

And to confirm I need to to enable IPC Gate Strike and TRAC?

When I look at the Nexstorm Counts>>View Log, the log file is empty, and if I save and close WD and re-open it the Lighting data is lost, I missed a setting somewhere to save the data. or am I in left all by myself looking like newbie. hahahahahahaha

Ok, My BAD…I feel stupid, the Data Quality is PERFECT, what I was seeing in the number of lighting strikes. (in read next to Data Quality) All is good with that… :slight_smile: