cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: New Zealand has lost its innocence  (Read 374 times)

Offline Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 72.0.3626.121
    • Weather Display
New Zealand has lost its innocence
« on: March 18, 2019, 03:21:43 AM »
Just want to say thanks to the  people who have emailed me out of the blue about the far right white extremist hate crime act that occured here in NZ.
NZ is a very multicultural country and we are all shocked and saddened about what happened

Offline Brientim

New Zealand has lost its innocence
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 04:22:19 AM »
NZ has stood hard fast in acceptance and tolerance and to think terrorist can take that away through an act of terrorism underestimates NZís resolve.

You PM has stood above most world leaders and set the stage for how other people in power should present themselves in such moments of tragedy.

I was deeply saddened on hearing the news and my deepest condolences can only be expressed as there is no justification for any act of unspeakable terrorism.

Offline Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 72.0.3626.121
    • Weather Display
Re: New Zealand has lost its innocence
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 08:57:07 AM »
thanks for you kind words and support :)

Offline WeatherShip

• Terry Davis Vantage Vue
  • Columbus, OH
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Firefox 60.0
    • WeatherShip
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 04:22:51 PM »
Brian:

Cheers to you and your marvelous country. A standard bearer for the rest of the world to follow.

Offline broadstairs

• Stuart
  • Broadstairs, Kent, UK
  • OS/Browser:
  • (Linux Mint)
  • Firefox 60.0
    • Broadstairs
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 08:47:24 PM »
We have family in NZ so when we heard this it was very shocking. It has always seemed a very welcoming and safe country so this is even more shocking. I worked in London ( UK) in the 70's and 80's so am only too well aware of how disturbing this can be as we had quite a torrid time then. It is wonderful to see how NZ has come together over this, wonderful to see so many students doing a haka on the news today in support of those who suffered.

Stuart