Laser snow sensor problem

I have watched another thread concerning this topic for quite awhile and I am now having a problem in that the snow depth will not go down to 0 even though the laser sensor shows it should be a negative number. This can only be corrected by going into regedit and making a change on the Dallas 1wire folder. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before?

I have updated to the latest cronlasersnow program.

Thanks

Bill

Hi Bill,

I have the same problem.

I set mine so that “zero” is slightly negative. If we could have any negative number just read zero that would be a nice addition to the program.

Thanks,
-Dennis

try this update re the negative value issue
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/cronlazersnow.zip

With limited testing it looks like the negative reading problem is fixed. My lazer is pretty much shutdown for the Spring/Summer, but I did run several test producing both negative and positive readings, by changing the offset and the results looked correct with no negative readings showing in the log under “Input Daily Weather”.

Thanks Brian

:slight_smile:

Cheers

MikeyM

Brian,

I have also put mine sensor away for the summer but I will do some testing over the next few weeks to confirm this for you as well.

Thanks,
-Dennis

I haven’t put my sensor away and I will try to test in the next few days. Thanks Brian for the update.

Bill

I know this is fairly old, but I can confirm this works as intended. This is a great help. Thanks Brian.

-Dennis