Web Cam Capture & WD high CPU usage

Is anyone else experiencing high CPU usage (100%) on Windows 10 (Pro, 1809, Build 17763.348) with Web Cam Capture (10.05) is running? The PC becomes unresponsiveness every minute (capture period). This has been happening for some time, but I ignored when I had my web capture setup for 15 minute refreshes. However, I recently changed to 1 minutes and having the system lock up for 15s ever minutes is extremely annoying.

maybe try the more recent version?
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdwebcamcapture.zip

Thanks, but this version of wdwebcampcapture.exe will not run. No warnings, it just will not run. I even tried running as administrator. No luck. I downloaded and unzipped both files to main directory, although not sure how crongetipcam.exe is used. I haven’t used previously. Any tricks to getting this version to execute? -joe

you should see it running as icon in the system tray
just tried it here and it works

i just tired again. Nothing in icon tray. Nothing showing in task manager. Is there anything in registry from previous version that could prevent new version from running?

if you could email me your settings files I will test here

Sorry, was out on spring break with family and just now getting back around to some debug. I’m not sure which settings file you were referring to Brian, but I deleted all of the registry settings in Computer\HKEY_USERS.…\wdisplayftp.ini\Web cam capture and restarted system. I was then able to get Web Cam Capture 10.30 to run. Unfortunately, I’m not sure which parameter saved by 10.05 was causing 10.30 to immediately close after starting. Even so, when I added back my origianl overlay, the .jpg file now being saved includes the actual tags (e.g. %date%) and not the value they represent (3/20/2019). Below are the entries in the registry. Any insights?

Value Name: showlabel1
Value data: yes

Value Name: webcamcustomstring 1nd
Value data: %date% %time% %temp%

the overlay should be working with that more recent version
make sure to set the overlay number to 0
the bigger Q is, is the cpu use better

CPU usage is better, but still consuming significant CPU cycles and will show “not Responding” for 10-15sec at a time every minute (see picture for average usage). I only configured File Save, Overlay, and IP Camera Setup. I didn’t configure anything in Capture Settings setup since I’m only looking for Web Cam Capture to save a .jpg file for uploading to WeatherUnderground. Is that correct?

As for the Overlay setup, Select text setup# is set to 0 and application is saving %tags% and not what they represent. Adding pic for this one as well after I started “preview” that normally is not running

Overlay - small.PNG

if you set toggle to zero
then do those tags show in the list and do you have set enabled…then click on save

if you could email me your settings files then I can check here

I just sent standard setup files via email. i’m not sure if there was anything more WD Web Cam Capture uses. I did noticed that after I updated WD earlier today, that the older version (10.05) was reinstalled on top of 10.30. That may have called some trouble with the setup files. Let me know either way.

solution:
tick
show a label :wink:

yep. that was it for the label. I had a feeling I was doing something stupid like that. When I deleted all of the registry entries to get v10.30 to not close, I must not had re-enabled. 30% CPU usage for WD Web Cam is much better than 100%. I’m still not clear why the system appears to lock up for a small period of time and I’m not able to move the mouse, but such is Windows. It looks like v10.30 solved my problem. Thanks! -joe

I cant use your IP cam feed here (as I think you deleted the password etc?)
but setting to use the camera built into the my laptop, I did not notice any big cpu jump when the file is saved

My memory usage issues came back. I just updated to the latest build 95 and saw Web Capture was downgraded again to 10.05 from 10.30. Any plans to update the standard build or should I just plan on replacing when upgrading?