Wxsimate Locks Up When Searching for RAOB - RESOLVED

For the last couple of days when WXSIMATE makes it’s run and when the connection to RAOB is attempted the process stops and WXSIMATE gets hung up. #-o I tried both
RAOB options on the selector but no go. Running Wxsimate version 7.2. Is anyone else experiencing this same issue?

Have a great day all!

Hello Jeff

RAOB data has been removed from public access on the fsu,edu sites and the ucar.edu site is not working for me.

Thanks,
James
DW4536

Thanks for your reply James. We just run it without RAOB for now.

Take care …

Hi,

Same here, just turned off RAOB until it gives a solution.

I also had to turn off RAOB to get it to work. Running Ver 7.2

MikeyM

I have had this same issue, BUT when I copy http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/upper/Current.rawins into a browser tab, it tries to download the file. I hit cancel, then run WXSimate as usual, and it runs fine, completing the downloads.

John

I saw this problem briefly with both of the options in WXSIMATE 7.2, but then the choice with “proxy” in it started working again, and was fine when I tried it a day ago. Please select that option. I think the other one is gone. Lots of URL changes lately! I’m trying to keep up! :slight_smile:

Tom

I switched over to “proxy” and made a manual run. All was ok for the manual run. Will report back if the “proxy” RAOB" link bombs out.

Thanks for all of your work Tom. It’s tough keeping up with all of the changes lately. Much appreciated! =D>

Thanks Tom

Looks good here now with the “proxy” site.

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM