cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: CWOP upload frequency  (Read 774 times)

Offline gwminor48

• OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98
CWOP upload frequency
« on: February 25, 2019, 11:56:11 PM »
I'm new to the forum, just paid for WD today. I tried WD for a few days, found it a bit difficult and uninstalled. After a week or 2, I decided to try it again and had a better experience this time so I bought it. This is software with an incredible amount of work that went into it. I doubt I will ever do more than scratch the surface of what it is capable of doing. I had an old weather station that I just replaced with a Davis Vantage Vue that I'm very happy with. I only uploaded to Wunderground with the old station but decided to try at least adding CWOP now. Data uploads successfully but I'm curious about one thing. I have tried different upload intervals in WD but it still uploads every 5 minutes, whether I choose 10 min or 15 min, or other. Is 5 minutes now the default? I have no problem sending every 5 minutes since it seems like CWOP is ok with that interval now but I was a little puzzled why I couldn't change the upload schedule.
Thanks,
George

Online Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 72.0.3626.119
    • Weather Display
Re: CWOP upload frequency
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 12:00:19 AM »
CWOP does not want their servers being hit too hard
so the time that its uploaded is governed by the last number in your CWOP ID , i.e the data is sent at that minute

Offline gwminor48

• OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98
Re: CWOP upload frequency
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 01:20:20 AM »
CWOP does not want their servers being hit too hard
so the time that its uploaded is governed by the last number in your CWOP ID , i.e the data is sent at that minute

I remember seeing that and that was why I wondered if I should choose 10 minutes instead of 5. WD shows :02, :12, :22, etc, but it uploads at :02, :07, :12, :17, etc, so I wondered where the extra uploads were coming from but uploads are working so I'll leave it as is.
Thanks,
George