Main screen condition icon sticks on FOG and can't change thresholds

Recently upgraded to WD 10.37S90.
I now notice the main screen condition icon gets stuck on FOG long after readings show there could not possibly be fog. See attached screen grab taken today in fine sunny breezy conditions.
This led to another problem.
I checked Control Panel/Summary Images & Icons/Thresholds and found Fog set to temp 18 and Hum 98. I decided to try lowering the temperature setting but then I could see no way of saving the setting and just closing the page does not save changes. I have scrolled the whole page.
I am running WD on an old EEE Pc netbook with the 600 screen height but do not usually have this problem.

So two separate issues as it is still showing FOG way above the settings.
Ian

I just tested here
and I could change the fog temperature threshold and humidity threshold and then click on OK
and then when I went back to that setup, it was saved

is there any error under view, program event log?
also make sure under input daily weather you do not have set to use this icon as the main screen icon

also try a restart of WD

There is one entry in the error log about failing to get wind direction data yesterday just once. Nothing else’.

“also make sure under input daily weather you do not have set to use this icon as the main screen icon”
This is not set.

On my thresholds page I can see no OK button ,see attached screen grab.
Ian

Have just restarted the WD computer and the icon is now correct.
However this false FOG icon has now happened on several different days. Not just a once off.

the OK button is just hidden off to the right
you just need to use the scroller along the bottom of the setup screen or make the setup screen wider to see it

next time it happens I will need some settings files and data files from to see if I can duplicate
i,e any metar file used, the wdisplay.ini and wdisplayftp.reg settings files and the last31daysdata.inf data file

Thanks, I have found the Ok button with your help.

I will watch for it to happen again and will send you the files when/if it does.
Thanks Brian,
Ian

It has happened again today. It is 5PM, 27.9 deg and 47% hum and it is still saying FOG.
Requested files emailed to Brian.
I do not use metars.
Ian

when I run WD with the settings you sent me and the data file
it does not say fog and there is no fog icon showing
so I not able to duplicate

can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?

i do see that in the solar setup you have ticked to set the icon from the solar data
but you have the main switch off there as well
I would unset that

My solar sensor is faulty so I have it turned off I believe.
The main screen yesterday looked the same as the screen shot posted earlier in this thread.
ie the fog icon comes on in the morning when it is sort of reasonable. Then it is not cleared as the conditions move beyond the fog thresholds that are set.
So the temp and hum are outside the threshold conditions set but the FOG icon is still showing.
Ian

Please see screenshot in first post.

It seems to me that the fog icon has to be set by reasonable fog conditions and then it does not get cleared when the conditions move out of the fog “zone”.
Ian

OK, now its more sense
you had not provided the detailed information needed until now
(i.e that the fog icon/condition was showing first thing in the day but at the time you sent me your data file)

I tested with default settings (i.e like brand new settings)
and with your Fog icon settings (18c and 99 %) I got the icon to show when the temperature was 11c and 99 %
and then I set the temperature to 26C and 37% and the icon cleared

now testing that same with your settings…

OK, its your settings
and I know whats wrong
is because of the solar settings you have in use
i.e to set the solar from the icon

what you need to do
is go to control panel, solar setup
then tick
update solar data from this max reading for lat/long in the max solar time of day etc tab

then go to control panel, summary image and icon setup,
first tab (icon/forecast etc)
and untick to set the weather conditions from the solar data

job done

Thanks Brian,
This has arisen because I had a solar sensor that stopped working and so I just turned it off without undoing the settings.
By the way to remove the setting to use solar to set icon conditions I had to turn the solar sensor on again as the setting was greyed out with it off.
I then turned it off again.

“OK, now its more sense
you had not provided the detailed information needed until now
(i.e that the fog icon/condition was showing first thing in the day but at the time you sent me your data file)”

Not sure what you mean here (there may be a typo) When I copied and sent the requested files the FOG icon WAS showing but should not have been.
I would not have sent them otherwise.
Ian