Must be a curse for shutting down weather website

One week later, in the hospital. Severe iron deficiency anemia and asthma - fluid in lungs. they did the entire GI area with a pill cam too and no bleeder. So 2 units of blood, 3 units of rusty water via IV and I am home now. Still not out and about, terrible cough and the asthma is raising havoc.

They can’t find out why my iron won’t bond with the hemoglobin. I do have an iron pill daily, predisone (on taper). My big brother suggest drinking more out of a rusty cup. The weather in Iowa is terrible, more bad weather on the way, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxmk3ZSYrBg

I am pretty sure it has something to do with taking down my site, must be a curse that I found by accident.

you upset the weather gods maybe? 8O

get better soon. Not something I wanted to hear tonight.

I am awake. I wanted the humidifier running and the window closed. Guess who is up and who is asleep. She says my coughing is bothering her, so the window is open, the humidfier is off and I am sleeping in the recliner. This one has a remote control but is no substitute for my bed. So when she goes to work, I am going in , close the window, turn on the humdifier and try to sleep.

This coughing has to be one for the books, the asthma came back after 60 years. With the weather the way it is and going to be this weekend, cabin fever is a real possiblity.

I hate this winter, rain, freezing rain, heavy snow, high wind… wow . I wonder if I do a slow mantra " My weather data is on underground… my weather data is on under ground…"

One thing to be thankful, My grandparents didn’t settle in NW Iowa. Seems they get the brunt of the storms.

I am trying to get well. If Icould get rid of the cough and I am not sure why I am coughing.

Get better.

Hope you’re better soon. You could try drinking Guinness if you can get it near you. It’s reputedly full of iron and if you drink enough you won’t care about iron deficiency for a while :wink:

I will tell the wife to get some at the store. Guinness is everywhere. Iowan’s will drink most anything. In fact we have wineries starting up, cheese making a new thing, and microbreweries and at least on whisky factory.

I saw the doc yesterday. today I am on a second round of prednisone, some cough stuff to break up the crud in the lungs and hopefully I once again will get to sleep in my bed the whole night. I did move my car about 5 feet / we were going to move the trash can to the street for pickup but it is frozen to the bloody ground and the fore cast for the weekend is colder than a brass toilet seat in Wisconsin. It is warmer in Nome Alaska than here. Damn jet stream.

I hope you like it, it’s an acquired taste. . . just don’t keep it in the refrigerator, IMHO it’s better "chambr

Reminds of the time I tried to brew beer on my own. I sent a sample in to be judged to the state lab and the report came back, " We regret to inform you that your horse has diabetes."

It was a bit stronger than a lot of American beer, then?

Confession: I can’t stand the bitterness of beer. The taste is gross to me, so I just avoid it. Wine? same deal I just don’t do it, it hurts my stomach. Coffee now that I can stand, actually I use it in the same reverence that people who like beer and view it as “nectar of the gods.”

We have a Keurig so we can get a hot cup of brew. When we go on a road trip, we have a travel brewer that goes with us to where we stay and we bring our own favorites.