Update issue

When I update my weather display files, I find that I have to go to setup and de-select my weather station and then re-select my weather station and then save/close. If I do not do this, the software does not connect to my weather station. Is this normal? I update via the zip file, currently running ver 10.37S91 and have a Davis Weather Monitor II. Am I missing a step or doing something wrong?

Thanks,

John

no, that is not normal
do you need to do that if you just restart WD?

Probably related to your folder problem, my guess is you are not choosing the destination of the unzip correctly.

OK, any time I close/save Weather Display after a restart of the program, it will not connect to the weather station. If I go into the control panel, I just have to click on any other choice of weather stations and then back to Weather Monitor II and it connects, no need to close/save.

If I reboot the computer, which I just did to load some windows updates (Win 7), Weather Display will start normally through the task scheduler and connect to the weather station.

that is odd…does not make much sense
is it the same version that is starting up with windows start up?

Appears to be! as far as I know thee is only one instance running the latest version. The important thing is the auto start with the task scheduler starts correctly, so if I am not around after a power failure, etc. it will start.

and that is starting up the same version as if you are just exit and then restart WD?

Yes, that is correct

Also, The Dewpoint does no appear on my main weather display screen. Has been that way through a few updates. Value is blank

Davis Weather Monitor II/WD Ver 10.37S91

when you start WD, are you sure you are starting it as administrator?
re dew point, can you post a screen shot?

I have run the application with “Run as Administrator” and also set up a shortcut with “Run as Administrator” checked and it still will not connect to the weather station. Using windows 7 with the latest updates. Again, when starting with the “Task Scheduler” it connects to the weather station fine. I may be missing something, but not sure what I would be doing wrong.

Attached is a screen shot showing the missing dew point reading.

Thanks for the continued help.

re the missing dew point, if you could .zip and email me your wdisplay.ini settings file