Mars Weather

Daily weather measurements (temperature, wind, pressure) on the surface of Mars at Elysium Planitia, the InSight

Nice :thumbright:

That is a great site.

the barometer reading is higher than I thought
i.e the air is not as thin as I thought?

It’s in Pa not hPa :wink: Ars Technica article about the sensor.

ah said the blind man
"The Martian atmosphere may be very thin

That is very surprising, and moving enough dust to bury the Opportunity rover too. Of course the lower gravity must help…

Tried that on my w34WD site, but it’s not quite the same as the original image - yet.

URL?

Worked okay for me using the embed URL they provided. And thanks, Rob.

http://ucweather.org/pwsWD/w34_start_frame.php?frame=MARSWX

I also tried it here: http://ucweather.org/marswx.php

As per the little globe under the avatar :slight_smile: See ‘Weather on Mars’ in the Menu extras.

The explanatory text on my version (and Harry’s) runs right across the lander, while on the original page at full screen it does not. However, if you view the original in a smaller browser window you get a similar effect to mine. Note too that in the smaller window the text resizes but the current temps do not. . . So it’s a frame size/aspect ratio problem.

Got it :slight_smile:

It’s a pity the graphic doesn’t show the pressure.

I tried increasing the frame height and just got blank space. I guess that particular image set aside for embedding is fixed - no scrolling allowed.

The Credit at the top is a link to the main page. . .

One could iframe the whole page and set scrolling to yes :wink: But the width might still be a problem.

Wim’s frame examples allow one to alter the frame height variable but not the width. . . I guess that’s about 960, I have height set to 620 (not 636).

How about the ability of viewing the temperature in degree Celsius… :wink:

Oh, that’s good one :lol:

That’s why I’m trying to get the text off the lander, it’s a bit difficult to see the F|C option :slight_smile:

Then, you will need to remove the background image of the lander to better see the F|C option… :wink:

Remember the Mars Climate Orbiter :roll: