Create Web Page Help Needed

@Budgie I have read them and I am still lost…the figs are missing and what is the Carter Lake Style?? Where can I see it, the same with Saratoga…

Now the figs show up…this is not my day!!!

for some reason you now do have the index.html file on your web site
(you did before)
make sure that is being uploaded
what shows in the ftp log now?

The Carter Lake Template is like the Saratoga template, only it’s a basic version which should get you started.

As Brian has said, I think you need to make sure that files are being uploaded to the site to start off with. So check your FTP settings and the FTP log to see if any errors are there.
If you’re not sure then post the contents of the FTP log on here so we can try to figure it out - remove any usernames & passwords though! :wink:

Ok I did the Carter Lake template and I am still missing images on the site, here is a screen shot of the files upload to my site. To let y’all know the files are going to my /public_html directory. Almost got it just need a few graphs. attached are the screen shots and here is my FTP Log: Hey Budgie, thats for the excellent work on the FAQ that is what I needed plus I did learn some stuff, which means less questions…sometimes I need to hit save a few times before WD accepts it, I did read that it must have something to do with how many CPU’s I am running. Also currently I have the Real Time clientraw upload for Client Viewer/AVG/WDL turned OFF, I hope this is correct…but I like the baby steps, we are making progress, and I am so sorry for all the stupid questions, turst me, I have been playing around with this WD for about 7 days and there is just so much this software can do and sometimes I think I have it going into a circle …wait…thats me. :slight_smile: What do I need to do to show those graphics… Thanks again, BH

Finally,
I ran those XHTML and CSS Validations, the CSS came back as W3C CSS Validator results for http://santeewx.com/ (CSS level 3), Congratulations! No Error Found.

XHTML: Line 314,Column 36: element “h0” undefined

(the web page has the > sign in red after the 0 and before <span Class etc…)

You have used the element named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not define an element of that name.This error is often caused by:

I see that you have WD set to upload jpg image
unset that
in the control panel, webfiles/web page setup (setup #1)

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, that fixed my problems, how I have images… thank you so much Brain and Budgie!!! Now I can play around with this…going to make a backup right now!!!

you can edit the template file (mywebpagetemplate.txt)

For the XHTML validation, try this:

Find the mywebpagetemplate.txt file in the Webfiles folder of WD and open it in a text editor, like Notepad.
In the menu at the top of the page, click “Edit” then “Find” and type in the following into the box: and click “Find Next”.
This will take you to the offending line.

Replace all of this code:

<div class="headerTemp"><h0><span class="doNotPrint">
		%Currentsolardescription% &nbsp; %temp%</span></h0></div>

With this code:

<div class="headerTemp"><span class="doNotPrint">
		%Currentsolardescription% &nbsp; %temp%</span></div>

Now click on the “File” heading at the top of the page and click on “Save”.

Wait for the next update and have a look at your web page to make sure it all looks good, then run the validator again to see if it validates.

If you look at the two lines of code, you’ll see that I’ve removed two items, and .
is the opening order for the text to become a set size and the closes this order. So everything between and will be that size of text, if that makes sense?

I think the reason it isn’t validating is because h0 doesn’t exist as a recognised order any more, the orders are now h1, h2, h3, h4, h5 & h6 (h1 being the largest text size and h6 being really small).
The coding will work fine without this in there. :wink:

All aright I will check that out, plus I am checking out the dials option as well…I watched a very good Youtube video showing how to do it.

I will take a gander at it and checking out the dials too, saw an excellent you tube video on to get them working,they look sharp… Thank you BH

Ok, I cant figrue this out…

How can i make this graphic be my home page. I have it uploaded and its uploading like it suppose to, but can figure out how to make it part of the index.html any case here is the page I would like to come up automatically:

http://santeewx.com/Bee-Rads.gif

Thank you for being so patient with me…

BH

I see you have now changed to the original web table design
and you can see the screen shot if you scroll down
so do you only want to see that on your page?

I had to un-check the Carter Lake Style, WD Display crashes every time I enable Carter Lake on Web Files Setup #1, I know what the problem is, in the setup of Carter Lake, when I try to make changes to the Setup (Carter Lake) then WD Crashes, I was playing around with the Link pages and I cant delete what I added, every time I delete the links, and click update file, WD just crashes…so I need to fix this first before I can continue. Is there and *.ini file that I can manual way to remove those links. #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

If not, how can I put WD back to the default settings, (like a fresh install, I can add the WX station and that stuff pretty fast.

In short YES, I want to see ONLY that one graphic, file #3 on File Creation Setup.

that is odd about WD crashing like that
for the way you have it now
you can edit the
datahtm1.txt and datahtm3.txt files
and even the datahtm2.txt file (if you tick to enable to let you do that)

but you can also get WD to create a custom web page
from a wxlocal.html template file (and then have it create and upload the index.html file)

re starting over the settings:
use windows regedit.exe and delete the wdisplayftp.ini from the registry (when WD is not running)
and then delete the wdisplay.ini file from where WD is installed (when not running)

Brain, I dont know what I did however the mywebpage template.txt was empty, glad I did the backup so I am up an running again as yesterday.

you can check it out now.

What I would like is for my web page to look exactly what what file #3 (Screen Image file). thats it…I know I can get it working (http://santeewx.com/Bee-Rads.gif) I would like that gif file to me my webpage…nothing else…then we will be all done…

Brain, thank you for all your help. again.

BH

you can do that
by having the mywebpagetemplate html code just load that image only
so you have the header html code
then the code to just show that image
then the footer html code

Ok, I will give it a try, I think I know what you are trying to tell me. Never did code, however I think I can figure this out with the template file and I know the name of the file so I should be able to figure it out, you are correct, I understand the Header and Footer.

I see you have now set it back to the default web table instead of the carterlake template
if you could set that back
and then email me your mywebpagetemplate.txt
then I can modify it to do what you want it to do