Create Web Page Help Needed

Grettings all,
Hey, I need a little help, I would like for my Public Web Page, being hosted by inmotion, (just and FYI), anyways I would like for the the default WD that shows up on my monitor. I have all the FTP connections set and I can see the files are being put into the local drive, however they dont see to be uploading to my domain. I know this sound vague, but I don’t know what else to say. I am very lost here. Are there any Videos I can watch on how to make a web page using Weather Display. I did see a web page using the WDL and that would be cool too, but I don’t know how to get the data from my desktop to the domain. and I know for 100% is my settings in WD. So what would be the easiest to get the FTP Working, just a simple test, would WDL be the way to try??

what is the url to your web site?

Brain,
Here is my URL Santeewx.com

I used the setup >> web page Creation Wizard and followed the directions…I also turned on Client viewer/AVG/WDL and hit start. I have not enabled any of those Internet File Creation and uploads.

The goal is to have the default display that I have on desktop monitor to be my web page…I love the setup of the WD Default Display…I’m easy…

WD is uploading the data, here is a my FTP Log file.

220 You will be disconnected after 30 minutes of inactivity.
USER=****
331 User [email protected] OK. Password required
PASSWORD=****
230 OK. Current restricted directory is /
TYPE I
200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
Change to remote Dir /
CWD /

227 Entering Passive Mode (199,250,210,145,120,240)
STOR vprealtimegraph.jpg
150 Accepted data connection
226-File successfully transferred
226 0.078 seconds (measured here), 2.54 Mbytes per second
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (199,250,210,145,124,12)
STOR extrarealtimegraph.jpg
150 Accepted data connection
226-File successfully transferred
226 0.051 seconds (measured here), 3.86 Mbytes per second
PASV

you have the index.html file uploading
which is a good start

you will need to also have the 24/48/72 hour graphs uploading
if you use the customise internet and file creation setup then you can set what files to upload

see this you tube video
http://www.weather-display.com/youtubevideos.php
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P62iZN6c1b8&feature=youtu.be

Ok, thank you for the info, I have been playing around with these for a few days and I am remembering where to go…my questions to you sir:

1. Is the Saratoga Them the same them default them for WD.
  2. Which File numbers do I need to upload, I believe its file number 29, (per the You Tube Video) and file number 11 curr 24/48/72 hour.

Just to be sure we are on the same page, do I need to have WDL switch on, currently on, and only have two files from the Internert File Creation uploading, file #11 and #29

Thanks again for helping me…I am learning…so the questions will go away slowly…

Have a look at this FAQ for some hints on how to get the files setup & uploaded: http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/52816

@Budgie I have read them and I am still lost…the figs are missing and what is the Carter Lake Style?? Where can I see it, the same with Saratoga…

Now the figs show up…this is not my day!!!

for some reason you now do have the index.html file on your web site
(you did before)
make sure that is being uploaded
what shows in the ftp log now?

The Carter Lake Template is like the Saratoga template, only it’s a basic version which should get you started.

As Brian has said, I think you need to make sure that files are being uploaded to the site to start off with. So check your FTP settings and the FTP log to see if any errors are there.
If you’re not sure then post the contents of the FTP log on here so we can try to figure it out - remove any usernames & passwords though! :wink:

Ok I did the Carter Lake template and I am still missing images on the site, here is a screen shot of the files upload to my site. To let y’all know the files are going to my /public_html directory. Almost got it just need a few graphs. attached are the screen shots and here is my FTP Log: Hey Budgie, thats for the excellent work on the FAQ that is what I needed plus I did learn some stuff, which means less questions…sometimes I need to hit save a few times before WD accepts it, I did read that it must have something to do with how many CPU’s I am running. Also currently I have the Real Time clientraw upload for Client Viewer/AVG/WDL turned OFF, I hope this is correct…but I like the baby steps, we are making progress, and I am so sorry for all the stupid questions, turst me, I have been playing around with this WD for about 7 days and there is just so much this software can do and sometimes I think I have it going into a circle …wait…thats me. :slight_smile: What do I need to do to show those graphics… Thanks again, BH

Finally,
I ran those XHTML and CSS Validations, the CSS came back as W3C CSS Validator results for http://santeewx.com/ (CSS level 3), Congratulations! No Error Found.

XHTML: Line 314,Column 36: element “h0” undefined

(the web page has the > sign in red after the 0 and before <span Class etc…)

You have used the element named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not define an element of that name.This error is often caused by:

I see that you have WD set to upload jpg image
unset that
in the control panel, webfiles/web page setup (setup #1)

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, that fixed my problems, how I have images… thank you so much Brain and Budgie!!! Now I can play around with this…going to make a backup right now!!!

you can edit the template file (mywebpagetemplate.txt)

For the XHTML validation, try this:

Find the mywebpagetemplate.txt file in the Webfiles folder of WD and open it in a text editor, like Notepad.
In the menu at the top of the page, click “Edit” then “Find” and type in the following into the box: and click “Find Next”.
This will take you to the offending line.

Replace all of this code:

<div class="headerTemp"><h0><span class="doNotPrint">
		%Currentsolardescription% &nbsp; %temp%</span></h0></div>

With this code:

<div class="headerTemp"><span class="doNotPrint">
		%Currentsolardescription% &nbsp; %temp%</span></div>

Now click on the “File” heading at the top of the page and click on “Save”.

Wait for the next update and have a look at your web page to make sure it all looks good, then run the validator again to see if it validates.

If you look at the two lines of code, you’ll see that I’ve removed two items, and .
is the opening order for the text to become a set size and the closes this order. So everything between and will be that size of text, if that makes sense?

I think the reason it isn’t validating is because h0 doesn’t exist as a recognised order any more, the orders are now h1, h2, h3, h4, h5 & h6 (h1 being the largest text size and h6 being really small).
The coding will work fine without this in there. :wink:

All aright I will check that out, plus I am checking out the dials option as well…I watched a very good Youtube video showing how to do it.

I will take a gander at it and checking out the dials too, saw an excellent you tube video on to get them working,they look sharp… Thank you BH

Ok, I cant figrue this out…

How can i make this graphic be my home page. I have it uploaded and its uploading like it suppose to, but can figure out how to make it part of the index.html any case here is the page I would like to come up automatically:

http://santeewx.com/Bee-Rads.gif

Thank you for being so patient with me…

BH

I see you have now changed to the original web table design
and you can see the screen shot if you scroll down
so do you only want to see that on your page?