WXSIM

Hello Tom,

An anomaly has occurred in wxsim output, the data is not aligned, and I do not know the cause occurred.
Please help me.

Thank you,
Marian

Hi Marian,

Sorry for the slow response. The misaligned text is a display issue that probably occurred due to some change in the display on your computer, involving default font sizes, screen resolution, or something like that. There is a solution built into both WXSIM and wret.exe (which is what autolearn is running). In wret.exe, it’s right there on the main form, and says “Text width”. You simply have to try changing the number (by about 50 at a time), and see if it’s helping or hurting. If it helps, keep heading in that direction. Usually two or three tries gets it. In WXSIM, you’ll find a similar setting (though the number you need will be a bit different) under Preferences/Settings, on the third tab, at the bottom (with instructions right above the slider). I am curious if you can tell me what might have changed about your system, because it’s very unliklely that both WXSIM’s and wret’s settings changed on their own. I have seen this before, which is why these corrections exist.

Tom

Oh, and the WXSIMATE screen definitely shows the effects of a display change on your computer. The list boxes with the choices of URL’s have disappeared (or become too narrow to display text). I’ve seen this before, too, and I’m trying to remember what the display settings that cause it are. It’s definitely a change in something, probably under Control Panel. Maybe you can reverse it, back to what it was before?

Tom