HWS-template (WD34) beta test topic

OK, more feedback.

1. Colours ringed are too bright (includes all new icons) - see bright.png

2. Colours highlighted (daylight hours/luminance) are not bright enough - see dim.png

IMHO :slight_smile:

bright.png

dim.png

Even better now, I see: small blocks scale automatically to show 5 across 4 columns, 4 across 3 :slight_smile:

@all
For the large blocks, one can choose in easyweather
3 rows * 3 blocks = normal mode, standard as in the April version
3 rows * 4 blocks = wide mode
4 rows * 3 blocks = tall mode

For testing:
http://wd34.weather-template.com/pws07/index.php
=> display conform current easyweather settings
==> wide + 1 extra block for the three rows

http://wd34.weather-template.com/pws07/index.php?tall
=> display switches to “tall” mode
==> the three extra blocks are moved to an extra bottom row.

When one resizes a wide format the blocks are dynamically moved and remain in the same sequence. Always block 1 ,2 , 3 . . . 12

Wim

Feedback requested about round< - - >rectangle
I added another switch "round’ to the URLso one can test and see the difference

This one http://wd34.weather-template.com/pws07/index.php?round&tall
will show the blocks in tall format (=4 rows * 3 wide) and some round items.

Wim

Round is cool, rectangular a wee bit more clunky. But wow, what a difference in available space when lines of text are in a rectangular layout vs. a few large numbers in a circle where that is more efficient.

I like both, but the option to trigger the rectangular is nice, but certainly adds a lot of complexity to the code. Can some (like the wind section) have round and where a lot of text is shown be rectangular?

And the light background is bright, but with small font size for the text, gets overwhelmed and for me and my screens, hard to read. I hate to throw one more at you but can you somehow turn the ‘intensity’ of the white down, more towards a light grey, and not have the high contrast which is hard to read?
Dale
PS, this is very exiting. I hope you don’t get worn down and stressed out with this trial and adjustments.

This is obviously a very personal choice. Can it not be added to Menu/User Preferences, so you can have Dark or Light Themes, Round or Square objects, Wide or Tall display? (I can see why you need to choose between 9 or 12 blocks in easyweather, but other than that it could be in the Menu.)

Thanks for all the work involved in giving us a good look at the possibilities.

P.S. I still prefer round :slight_smile:

@all
Choices for

[ul]
[li]tall<->wide[/li]
[li]theme light<->dark<->or other colors,[/li]
[li]round<-> rectangle[/li][/ul]
will be optional (based on a setting in easyweather) in the menu.

The light them will be have a few “cousins” like light-grey" or “beige”

See screenshot,

Wim

Sounds great :smiley:

For more trivial feedback see typo below.

quake.png

Hi!
Both look really good.
But should I choose,
It would be wide in dark theme with rectangle.

Well, anyone can choose as he/she likes.
I will fine-tune both “round” and “rectangle” as it seems a draw.

The themes (aka colours) is an easy one as there is only “one white and one black” but an “infinite number of greys”, better call it “a lot” because the poor quality of most monitors. And then we still have all the colours.

I will test the “green” colour first thing tomorrow, because I look forward to use the HWS-template as the dashboard in my own personal weather-website.

Wim

=D>

The themes (aka colours) is an easy one as there is only "[i][b]one[/b] white and [b]one[/b] black[/i]" but an "[i][b]infinite [/b]number of greys[/i]", better call it "a lot" because the poor quality of most monitors. And then we still have all the colours.

I like the “grey” light theme - hope Dale has seen it?

I will test the "green" colour first thing tomorrow

Not my scene. . .

Status of the “Wish-list”

I tried to find all “requests for enhancements” in the different topics about the HWS-template.
Not implemented yet:

[list type=decimal]
[li]Remove the need for SQL as it is only one table, not a full DB Done [/li]
[li]Add more sensors such as “soil temp/moist”
More info needed: which sensors, how do we get the data, what should be displayed[/li]
[li]More small blocks in top row: extra temp/hum/apparent, indoor temp/hum/apparent, UV[/li]
[li]Move clock up to top “rail”?Done [/li]
[li]A snow total block.
More info needed: how to upload the measurements (WD-tags), which other weather-program support this?[/li]
[li]All blocks should operate on all places.
Postponed: The October release will have no “fixed” choices. [/li]
[li]Wind run to one decimal place?
More info needed ? A screenshot would be helpful[/li]
[li][s]All relevant decimal places shown in full, even if zero? For example 6.0

Wim, in reply to your requests for more detail/info:

Attachment WDold.png (taken just before its retirement!) illustrates points 3, 4 and 7

1. Extra temp/hum and indoor temp/hum small blocks shown: WD clientraw has data for up to 8 extratemp/hum sensors, WD API has data for 3. Unfortunately, extratemp max/min data is in clientrawextra #594 - #609.

2. Clock up to top rail, because everyone wants a clock and it’s a waste of a small block. Still relevant if you plan to produce more small blocks.

3. Wind run to 1 d.p. WD clientraw gives wind run (km) to 1 d.p., which is converted to the required units, but line 59 of wind_gust_block.php has round($weather[“wind_run”],0)

Other screenshots illustrate point 8

1. temp1.png shows temp of 9.0

temp1.png

rain1.png

rain2.png

Outstanding wishes list HWS-template (WD34) beta test topic - #170 by pwsdashboard - PWS Dashboard - Weather-Watch.com updated

Most important change is IMHO the removal of the SQL table. As the data is in the “result.csv” file, there is no advantage in storing the same information in a SQL table. So all setup of a DB is removed.
The 23:55 cron-job will not read the SQL table to get the min-max’s of the day, but will use the “result.txt” file

Check the alpha-demo at http://wd34.weather-template.com/pws07/ .

Wim

=D>

Check the alpha-demo at http://wd34.weather-template.com/pws07/

Are the max and min temp times swapped?

And clock seems to be an hour different (at GMT+1) to block update times?

maxmin.png

Corrected

And clock seems to be an hour different to block update times?
The clock runs in no_DST mode. So it displays the standard time for Brussels = UTC+1
Normally a user who wants that, will upload his/her data also in standard time.

The data displayed on the test-site is not my own data but from a user which uses weathercat and which uses normal DST.
I have to test all combinations.

I will move to normal time again shortly. Done

===
There are still the round and tall options on the URL
All blocks are flexible and adapt to the width of the screen.
The graphs also adapt nicely. They do not have that much data at the moment as the non-SQL is only active from this afternoon.
The tables used for listing forecasts and earthquakes do not adapt at the width nicely!
So I have to make the most important items to the front.

Wim

Pressure reading now has thousands comma as well as decimal point. . . a number_format() problem?

barometer.png

Thanks, I did not see that as my test-file had 992.2.
The error is caused by moving from round to numberformat.
I will correct that.

Wim

@all
I am off for a 2 weeks vacation trip without decent internet. Just my phone/iPad for use in some hotels.
So answering posts will be minimal and in the evening (UTC+3) only .
Alpha/Beta release
The final beta July release is running at https://www.weerstation-herent.be/pws07/
Loading of the main window is far quicker and the scripts should run fair enough on smaller webservers also.
Availability second week of June.
Missing fields
The livedata script => https://www.weerstation-herent.be/pws07/w34_livedata.php?sce=view
Attached a pdf of used fields in the july release, not all weather-programs deliver all fields, the “n/a” is used instead. All the ones on the pdf are supported / used.
Fields names are changed to be more consistent, temp-field-names will change.
Extra fields
Extra-temp/hum and soil-temp/moist will need an extra upload file using FTP, this will be finalised when I am back home on June3.
An example from a Cumulus fileformat: | HWS-field-name | field-type | tag for weather-program

|tempActExtra1|temp|<#ExtraTemp1>|! 
|tempActExtra2|temp|<#ExtraTemp2>|! 
|humiActExtra1|hum|<#ExtraHum1>|! 
|humiActExtra2|hum|<#ExtraHum2>|! 

All normal weather-field-types and also text, logic, data-time will be supported.
So users can add their own fields, use them in extra scripts, use the translation files for the descriptive texts.

Wim

_load_tags.pdf (43.4 KB)

I think you can get uv_max from WDapi too, at #53.

Have a good vacation :slight_smile: