HWS-template (WD34) beta test topic

Only approximately unless, as Wim says, you have 24 hours’ day or night.

Are we confusing sunrise/sunset with civil, nautical or astronomical dawn/dusk somewhere? Original Sun block or pop-up showed times of civil dawn/dusk (elevation -6

Agreed, but what value does “hours of darkness” have?

None at all. . . except to enable the pretty graphic. :slight_smile:

Moon set getting a little confusing. . . in production here and Gelderland beta.

prodmoon.png

betamoon.png

Cloud cover in Gelderland beta Current Conditions is always in Dutch, whatever the selected language.

betaclouds.PNG

The Current Conditions block uses the 1 hour forecast from DarkSky.
That forecast is not reloaded in every language.
I will check when I have normal access again.

Wim

I see what you mean: it happens here in production, too. If I select Dutch the DS cloud cover line remains in English.

Sorry.

and

Reply #52: Moon set [times] getting a little confusing. . . in production here and Gelderland beta.

Any thoughts yet, Wim?

Beta is working great for me. One issue I have. Time is displayed in 24hr format despite being set for 12hr format.

Thanks for the great work Wim.

That is a good catch! Never considered that one.
But it is a bit more difficult one to solve at once. Needs some testing. And probably there should be a comma between the day and year also?
Tue Apr 2, 2019
06:22 PM

Need to postpone to the next beta and will be included officially in the July release.
Please add all other wishes for extensions you may have to this topic: *** closed*** HWS Template (WD34) Wish List

Wim

Didn’t need a comma in the previous version. . . why the change?

clock.png

The comma seems to be needed for the US version of the date
See here:

Month Day, Year
April 25, 2019

In the rest of the world it seems to be
Day Month Year
25 April 2019

Wim

I was of the grid all March, still not 100% OK.

Attached a new version to test, stupid error removed :oops:
There will always be a few minutes difference.
The moon-popup calculates the difference between the different periods => light-dark-light-dark
The sun-block is about this 24 hours day, it calculates => darkness = 24-hours minus todays light.

Wim

sun_block.php.zip (3.01 KB)

Hope you feel better soon :slight_smile:

Attached a new version to test

Is this OK for the first production release?

For the latest pwsWD and pwsTEST versions.
But as always, make a copy of the “old” script first

Wim

Latest sun_block.php looks good in pwsWD. Thanks, Wim.

Hi!
Have the translat for Norwegian, can this be in the next update.

lang_no.txt (25.5 KB)

Sorry to hear that :frowning: Take it easy Wim.

I was quite surprised to see the variation worldwide when a reference to [mathematical] Pi Day on 14 March went right over my head. Here in UK we write the date 14.3, not 3.14 :?

One thing is certain: if you put it in ISO date format nobody will know what you mean :smiley:

I have been running the April beta for about a week and am ready to report issues I have found that have not been discussed previously in this topic(two of my issues have been discussed).

I am in Cleveland Ohio, USA. The NOAA alerts are for locations far from me. Are all NOAA alerts being shown? I think the alerts should only be for the site’s location.

There is no flag for the USA. For a good while, the British flag was being used and now it is the Canadian flag. I have selected flag for your country.

This is a really nice template and easy to use.

Thanks very much.

Bill