WXSIM Runtime Error 62

I’m receiving this error when starting WXSIM. Please assist.

Capture.PNG

Thanks for that report. Is there any form in the background? Can you send or post another screen shot that shows the background? It sounds like a file got corrupted/damaged, and knowing if anything else was already showing would help me narrow it down. If it’s a damaged file, I’ll fix it for you.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Sorry to jump onto this thread but I’ve recently been plagued by this issue and today upgraded to 2019 1.1, sadly it is still occurring. Hopefully my screen shot can help but if there is anything else that you need, please do let me know and hopefully we can identify this problem.

Cheers.

Andy.

EDIT:

I’ve done a search on the error and noted that in your release notes for 12.6.3 that you mentioned fixing WXSIM when the GFS advection was not selected, I can confirm that this is selected in WXSIMATE on my installation.

Screenshot 2019-03-14 at 23.26.17.png

I’m chiming in just to say I’m having the issue as well. But I’ve already e-mailed Tom and he’s on top of it, working behind the scenes to get if fixed :slight_smile:

Eric’s problem is solved, and it was a simple fix. Somehow, custinit.txt had gotten corrupted (though I have no idea how or why). That eventuality is why I have a backup, called custinitbak.txt, created after every SUCCESSFUL run. Just open that in Notepad, and save it as custinit.txt, allowing it to overwrite the existing (and likely “broken”) one, and try WXSIM again. If that was the problem, it should fix it, hopefully for good!

Tom