Apperantly i have failed to communicate about rain records

Please see attached image. Today I hit the record rain rate for the month and year. Even though I have in/hr selected the number displayed is in/min.

Thanks for all you do.

Jim

where do you have in/hr selected exactly?

In the current records screen. See attached.

if you unset that setting
does the value change?

I can only change to in/min, in which case it changes to 0.000 since .026/60=.00043 and presents no significant digits.

so the value does change
the code is showing the stored record value as *60 if you have set to show per hour

but it looks like the stored value , for the data from your weather station type, is wrong (needs to be stored as the value *60)
or something like that

Could be. It used to be right, I don’t recall when it changed. I have an ambient 2902A and in its setup the “Use Station Rain Total” box is checked.

One more thing, in ambientdata, its showing hourly rate correctly.

{“dateutc”:1549995360000,“winddir”:186,“windspeedmph”:0.2,“windgustmph”:1.1,“maxdailygust”:10.3,“tempf”:54.7,“hourlyrainin”:0.31,“eventrainin”:3.33,“dailyrainin”:2.19,“weeklyrainin”:3.33,“monthlyrainin”:3.78,“totalrainin”:11.46,“baromrelin”:29.91,“baromabsin”:27.95,“humidity”:99,“tempinf”:73.4,“humidityin”:49,“uv”:0,“solarradiation”:19.94,“feelsLike”:54.7,“dewPoint”:54.42,“lastRain”:“2019-02-12T18:16:00.000Z”,“date”:“2019-02-12T18:16:00.000Z”},“info”:{“name”:“Stanley Rapids”,“location”:“Home”}}]

I see the problem
I was storing the record value as divided by 60
for your station type and when set to use the rain rate provided by the station
when I should have been storing it (for the record value) as not divided by 60

I either now then display the value as *60 again
or fix the code
so for the next record it displays correct

Thanks. Best wishes.

Jim

i think fixing the original value best approach
so that moving forward your next records that are beaten are correct
yes?

I leave that to you. There will always be a next record, in my case it’s likely to be later today as there is substantial rain continuing to move my way. But, as you please. It will be fine with me either way.

Jim

I have gone with the above in the latest .zip update for you to try

Got it. I’ll let you know if there is a future problem.

Thanks again.

Looks good. The stored value, being so low, was rapidly replaced by the current rain rate and all is well.

Jim