WD stops, and fails in multiple data areas

I hope that someone can help out with this mess I am dealing with. I think either my brain stopped thinking at the age of 55, or WD is somehow messed up, (personally I believe it is the latter) :slight_smile: So here goes nothing…

System #1 (main system)
WD - 10.375 build 90 - with latest update
Ambient Weather WS-2902A Smart WiFi
Windows 7 Pro laptop, Pentium Dual Core CPU, 8 GB Memory, 64 bit operating system

==================================================================================
Backup System #2 - (incase of primary failure, I can switch to this one)
WD - 10.375 build 90 - with latest update
Ambient Weather WS-2902A Smart WiFi
Windows 10 Pro, Intel core i7, 64 GB Memory, 64 bit operating system

==================================================================================
Problem(s) are as follows…

1. (Main Problem) WD looses the WS-2902A Ambient weather key, and MAC address every so often, then goes on a tagent, with wild data numbers.

2. Twitter stops (not sending much data to make it stop, I read in the forum about it) and keeps asking to re authorize (I do keep resetting it, but after awhile, it comes up to ask for a re authorize

3. web cam setup and attachment not working (also read all problems and solutions in the forum, none work) Camera is a foscam

4. web pages not updating correctly, or not at all on the web site. the files are being created correctly on the computer, but fail to correctly ftp update to the website.

5. Screen resolution on the weather pc is 1366 x 768, and for some reason, it will not show everything on the main screen. this also happens on the backup (or my PC, which has a resolution of 1920 x 1080}. I can see more to the right of the main screen when I do a small resize, but it will only show the main screen, and nothing to the right

are you running WD as administrator?

re screen size, you can set to modify the main screen and then resize it as needed

If it is on the older windows 7 -main weather computer- no. If I run it on the win 10 - yes

Should I also do that for the main win weather computer as well??

not sure what you mean exactly?
its not very clear to me
do you you mean you have WD running on 2 pc’s, or?

No, you asked me if I am running it as administrator. my reply was this, I am not running it as administrator on the Win7 Dedicated weather only laptop. and I only run it there 24/7/365

The Regular Computer I have it there, but it is Not running Unless the Dedicated Weather Laptop somehow fails, or WD fails on there. But it is Never running on my regular Laptop.

Which of the two PC’s does your list of problems apply to?

it is a bit confusing
is it the windows 7 pc where the problem is occuring?

yes

re the foscam camera
did you try this version of the web cam program?
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdwebcamcapture.zip

for the web site not updating
what shows in the ftplogfull.txt ?

for the fist issue, I have not seen other reports of that particular problem
strange

warning email send*

Connecting to mail server.
OK
Connected.
OK
Disconnected.

CURRENT WEATHER REPORT FROM: Shelby Ohio Weather
Conditions: Stopped snowing
Temperature: 30.2

As for the screen size, I managed to get a normal screen shot, and one of me doing a resize, just before a snap back to normal

you have posted info about sending an email that is failing but you mentioned about uploads to your web site failing?
for the email, it looks like it might be a problem with the it being secure email but you have not set that it is

for the screen problem, at what point in time does it change?
i.e after how long, etc?

you could try resetting the screen customisation:
setup, advanced/misc
main screen customisation
click on start over main

then restart WD

You do need to run it as Administrator on W7.

re the problem with the email
what is your email provider?
if you could email me your email settings I could test here