Upgrade confusion.

Hi,
I have not been here for ages as WD just runs and runs faultlessly. So I have not upgraded since 10.37R build 70. (I know I should but it just worked!)
As I want to start using FreshWDL I thought I should upgrade to the latest version.
I downloaded the full version and ran the install (without uninstalling first which is what I have always done in the past) and after some initial twitches it all seems to run OK.
Except the version number on the main screen still says 10.37R build 70 !! It says the same in Help/About WD.
The appearance of the display has changed so something has been installed.
Where have I gone wrong?
Ian

Ok I think I have solved it…it was the change of .exe name so had to fix all start up shortcuts. Now running 10.37Sbuild 90
So I guess this means I should have deleted the old version first to get rid of old files.
Should I still do this?
Ian

I’ve always run an upgrade version over top of what is installed. Never had any issues. I never heard of uninstalling first but, if that’s what should be done, I’ll change my way of upgrading.

AKAIK, only the executable filename changed, so I see no need to un-install.

1. download upgrade rename to what it is 10.37SXX
    2.shutdown WD on computer.
    3.double click on new download follow install instructions.
    4.when finished installing it will say finished, OK to restart.
    5.click OK, and it will restart, finished.

no need to uninstall first
the .exe name change was a while ago now :wink:

Thanks for that. It was actually the entry in start up (for start at windows start up) that remained directed to the old exec file which was still there. Also I had to correct the desktop icon which also was still directed at the old .exe
Now all fine.
Ian