AAG_WeatherCenter Files

Hello, in my new install of my observatory software I have another problem,

I use AAG_WeatherCenter and AAG_CloudWatcher for my cloud sensor to set parameters to close the roof.

Using the Internet File Creation settings, it seems that WD is not creating a new: AAG_WeatherCenterWD.htx to be read by AAG_WeatherCenter. Dates remain the same on file.

Any suggestions on this?.

JY

WD does not create .htx files
you might be getting confused with cumulus?

WD can be set to create custom files though
from a template file (maybe that is missing)

He’s had it working for a couple of years with WD, I think it must be a tag file template thing.

he might not have the template file or similar (the one that has the custom tags in it)
can only guess as there is not much detailed info provided

The jpg screenshot is very hard to make out but looks like it uses the Special File Conversion from _WeatherCenterWD.htx - so I guess it’s missing that file :dontknow:

at a guess, yes

Thanks for the comments, this is making more sense as a template… that is what the file looks like. The “tag” file I guess has the suffix of .htx not html or htm. Let me append a copy with a .txt appended. Maybe this is a lost ability of WeatherDisplay.

This is the help file for AAG_WeatherCenter and there is an entry for WeatherDisplay settings.

http://lunatico.es/aagcw/wc/enhelp/indexh.htm

I may have it working now because WeatherDisplay seems to produce an htm file using the htx template and if I feed the htm NOT the htx into AAG_WeatherCenter, the WeatherCenter display works.

FYI, the goal of the maneuver is to have AAG_WeatherCenter set a stop bit is a safety binary when weather consitions go out of sort. The AAG_CloudSensory does this for the clouds… together they form a pair that shuts to roof if either is bad.

AAG_WeatherCenterWD.htx.txt (11.8 KB)

I had no problem making this work using your .htx template file (in wdisplay\webfiles) and correctly generating a .htx output file with the tags populated with values.

Thanks, could you possibly show me what your settings look like? I had to change the output to htm and use the htm in the AAG program. You are sure the htx is updating?

I just did a really basic one minute update setup. I changed the template and output filenames when testing to be sure that it was working as expected. The time in the output file is Pacific.

AAGwx2.htx.txt (11.6 KB)

Thanks, I think I understand how it works now. I appreciate the detailed help.

Do you actually use AAG_WeatherCenter? Or just WeatherDisplay? I have a funny page that shows up when it boot or when I look for updates.

I only have WD, just trying to help out :slight_smile:

Thanks, FYI this is where the station and observatory are located in NorCal:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCASTANF2&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash#history

Cheers

JY