NooBee Needs Help

I have Weather-Display and I want to set up a web site using the AJAX templates. I am a little confused about the instructions in step 5 on the AJAX website. It says “Download the Icons for your weather forecast program”. I have Weather-Display which I am going to feed from my Davis Weather Station. I don’t have a weather forecast program. Do I need a separate program to forecast weather and show the data? If so, what is the recommended program and where do the ICONs go on the website. The instructions say to download the ICONs but doesn’t mention what directory they go in. Is this because it is dependent on what weather forecast program I have?

Your ‘AJAX templates’ description is a bit vague, but since step 5 matches that in https://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/install.php , I’m guessing you are talking about the Saratoga template set.

The weather forecast ‘program’ is included with your template set. If you are using Base-World or Base-USA, then download the Saratoga icons and upload to your website. If you’re using the Base-Canada, then download the EC icons and upload to your website.

The icons for Base-World/Base-USA go in the ./forecast/images directory on your website. The icons for Base-Canada go in ./ec-icons/ directory.

If you unzip the files to the offline copy of your weather website AND preserve the directory structure used in the .zip files, the template, plugin and icons will all be placed in the proper directories and just have to upload all the files/directories to your website.

OK. Thank you for responding and thanks for figuring out my vague question.

Yes, it is about the Saratoga-Weather Templates. On that web site somewhere it directed me to this web site if I had any questions.

I didn’t understand that the templates will show forecast information without the need to add a forecast program. I wasn’t able to find a general overview of features that the templates provide.

I am trying out Weather-Display to process my weather data from my Davis weather station and pass it to HomeSeer software as well as to a web site. It’s looking like it will do what I need.

Thanks again for the help.

The ‘forecast program’ is really a PHP script that runs on your website. There are three different scripts and the one you need is included with the Base you downloaded. Base-USA uses ‘advforecast2.php’ with the NOAA/NWS website as the source. Base-Canada uses ‘ec-forecast.php’ with Environment Canada as the source. Base-World uses ‘DS-forecast.php’ with DarkSky.net as the source of the data.

Each template (USA, Canada, World) contains all the needed scripts for that geography – you just need to have the correct icon set available on your website.