E-mail weather report on ConsoleWD

Hey
I

i guess that could be added (I could use curl to send it)

using curl works in testing
(using gmail server)

look forward to getting it added, I

I have it working
latest raspberry pi 3 update

set the needed settings in the new confi.txt format
works here with my gmail mail server

you set the hour and minute to send

there is a custommail.txt file to get you started…you can customise that to what you want to send (i.e uses custom tags)
(have that file where consolewd is)

Hey Brian
Have tested the new email funktion and the email working, but after the email is send the logging from the weatherstation is stopped?
If I want to send a report every 10minute>24/7, is there a easy way to set it up or must I repeat all hours and minutes?

/Tommy

at the moment its only a one time send (at hour/minute you set)
you had not said how often
I could add to set how often

re logging stopped
not sure why that would occur…
when you say logging, how you do you mean exactly?

Hey Brian
Sorry it wasn’t clear what I wanted, but citizen weatherstations weatherdata on DMI.dk is updated every 10 minutes, via an email weather report.

Relating to data received stops, i insert a screen shoot where you can see the data stream running perfect until the email is sent, the data stream stops flowing, but it continues to upload to website (every 120 sec.)?

/Tommy

Wind Data OK Current data 11:14:51: Temperature= 1.1 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =270 Humidity=81 Barometer=1012.8 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min ser_read error Resource temporarily unavailable *****Received count = -----------------------------> 1 *****Received count = -----------------------------> 1 *****Received count = -----------------------------> 1 *****Received count = -----------------------------> 1 *****Received count = -----------------------------> 9 out door temp Data OK Current data 11:14:54: Temperature= 1.1 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =270 Humidity=81 Barometer=1012.8 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min ser_read error Resource temporarily unavailable stage 1 2310 OK *****Received count = -----------------------------> 1 *****Received count = -----------------------------> 1 *****Received count = -----------------------------> 1 *****Received count = -----------------------------> 1 *****Received count = -----------------------------> 5 Outdoor Hum Data OK ser_read error Resource temporarily unavailable *****Received count = -----------------------------> 1 *****Received count = -----------------------------> 1 *****Received count = -----------------------------> 1 *****Received count = -----------------------------> 1 *****Received count = -----------------------------> 5 Wind Data OK Current data 11:15:00: Temperature= 1.1 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =270 Humidity=81 Barometer=1012.8 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min **** doing minute routines now 11:15:00 **** updating clientraw extra files **** updating data logs cronftpreal: ingen proces fundet Starting cronftpreal Sending email 11:15:01 updating custom email now ******custom email output /home/pi/Desktop/consolewdfiles/mail.txt Time 120 seconds Remote name Port to use 21 login OK to vesty.dk % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0changing to /public_html/weather28/uploadCW upload clientraw.txt to vesty.dk OK upload tagsCW.txt to vesty.dk OK 100 131 0 0 100 131 0 84 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 84 login OK to vesty.dk changing to /public_html/weather28/uploadCW upload clientraw.txt to vesty.dk OK upload tagsCW.txt to vesty.dk OK login OK to vesty.dk changing to /public_html/weather28/uploadCW upload clientraw.txt to vesty.dk OK upload tagsCW.txt to vesty.dk OK

what weather station type?

Test is on an older Ls Crosse 2310, station type 60, later I Will switch to Davis Vantage Pro2

/Tommy

try another update
email now sent via a separate cron program
(at the one time you set currently still)

I have updated, and made the first test, and now the program continues to read data, but cpu load increases from 1% to 25% when it has sent the email and does not fall again. I lose the serial communication after a few hours, it may be due to the 15 year old weather station, with serial to USB adapter, but the Console WD program continues to run … I will try to test the connection with Davis weather station later.
Meanwhile, DMI.dk has chosen to remove citizen weather, so I can’t test against their site, (just testing email locally) but it comes back in a new version later this year.
/Tommy