Extreme wind chill

The temperature here in Manitoba Canada as I post this is -33C (-27F) and the wind is in the 30Km/h range ( 18 MPH) …

This is the first time I’ve seen the ‘DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL’ warning on my Davis Vantage Pro2… ( -50C is -58F ) I was out briefly today. It’s painfully cold. Exposed skin can freeze in 3 minutes.

forget that
on the flip side we have been getting record high temperatures here (southern hemisphere summer)

I’d love to be there now… (I toured the north and south islands back in January 2003 - Nice weather, lovely country).

And just to add… Six months ago it was up to +38C (100F) here. That’s a 71C degree swing Ya gotta be hardy to live here :slight_smile:

So Brian, just how low does the wind chill meter go???

Damn cold tonight.

We cancelled school Monday for snow. Should have been open.

Cancelled Tuesday-Thursday for cold. Kids have e-learning days Wednesday and Thursday.

Teachers have to report to school for cold days. Technically, we can stay home as long as we are available to students to ask questions. It will be -25 F tomorrow morning. Exhaust from cars hits the road and flash freezes making black ice. No one should be out in that crap.

Some counties in SW Minnesota are calling for NO travel because it is flat, the wind is blowing snow around. The wind comes down Buffalo Ridge from SD and gravity takes over.

It is just for a few days, but it is damn cold.

https://rms-weather.rdale.org/weather.php

Capture4.PNG

Here in northern Illinois we dropped to -24.4

on the flip side we have been having a record breaking heat wave here (summer) :slight_smile:
(38C was recorded in one place)

My wife and I would love to visit NZ! Not sure I could handle the flight though. It’s not the flying but time it takes. Maybe though…

and Australia has been breaking heat records too (over 49C)